ReactOS 0.3.15

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

eersoy93

ReactOS 0.3.15

Post by eersoy93 »

Hello friends! I have a question for ReactOS 0.3.15.

When will ReactOS 0.3.15 release? I don't think the next version of ReactOS is 0.4.

Thanks for reply.
Haos
Test Team

Re: ReactOS 0.3.15

Post by Haos »

I dont think that release would happen before current Mm rewrite is done or at least handled in case of most apparent issues. No date set yet.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

Is it possible to release some release candidates ?
steveh

Post by steveh »

According to "SVN list", reactos0.3.15 has not yet been branched. So i suppose it is not yet mature for the next version branching...
According to my glass sphere,
next version will certainly not be 0.4, there will be a 0.3.15 and
0.3.15 would possibly be ready at end of january 2013. :D
0.4 would be next after 0.3.15, possibly july 2013?

Most opensource projects publish release candidates of new software versions only at relatively short intervall before final release: firefox, libreoffice, minor-versions of linux kernel do it some days before only.
Bigger projects like ubuntu and reactos, or major-versions of linux-kernel, do it earlier. but i don't think it's more than one month before final, ever.

But you can download daily build CD's of the reactos trunk, at any time and try to boot such iive-cd' or install boot-cd.
see here
http://iso.reactos.org/

The other, more complicate but also more interesting, alternative is to install an SVN client software, and RosBE and build those yourself. Instructions: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Building_ReactOS
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

hbelusca is our quite new and very active developer, he knows very well how to build himself an ISO :-) The question is about any official semi-polished release, but IMO, if there is not even any guesstimate for release, no RC is in near future then. There is a need to test all this as part of the RC procedure - I just want to say that for ROS there is no such thing as "quick release candidate", new release (candidate) is still heavy machinery to roll out.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Usually there will be some rumbling on the mailing lists about a release a few months before a commitment is made in order to get developers going in the same direction and determine which bugs are considered blockers. (and after that, it is usually at least a couple more months before all the bugs are squashed)

So far I have not heard any such rumblings.

Unfortunately open development of such a large, complex project isn't really conducive regular releases.

My guess is they will get the ball rolling at the end of the year when they start feeling guilty about not having a new release out again. :lol: