PR Test Respin

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andreas84

Re: PR Test Respin

Post by andreas84 »

So you refer to your statement
The rest are more than welcome to continue helping however they can, we only require that they explicitly mention that those efforts are unofficial, that's all.
Okay in this case i just suggest to collect some people to make some unofficial effort until we see how the official team is going.

We would then use the forum to write so.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

DOSGuy wrote:the team would divide up the work and try to get it done.
It is the inability of the people on the forum to convince us that they can actually do the latter that makes us unwilling to consider simply handing the effort over unsupervised.
andreas84 wrote:So you refer to your statement
The rest are more than welcome to continue helping however they can, we only require that they explicitly mention that those efforts are unofficial, that's all.
Okay in this case i just suggest to collect some people to make some unofficial effort until we see how the official team is going.

We would then use the forum to write so.
Again, how is this any different than what is already being done?
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Z98 wrote:It is the inability of the people on the forum to convince us that they can actually do the latter that makes us unwilling to consider simply handing the effort over unsupervised.
I don't consider that it would be unsupervised. Everyone would submit their work for comment and critique within the team, which includes the ReactOS team liaisons. Ultimately, I think the real problem with any way the team operates is a shortage of people and a shortage of time, if we want to do anything ambitious. (The newsletter is important, but it doesn't take a team to produce it.) I can't promise that the collaborative approach would succeed, but it didn't seem like it could hurt to try, given that nothing can be done without the ROS team's approval.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
andreas84

Post by andreas84 »

Z98 wrote: Again, how is this any different than what is already being done?
Right now things are discussed but without a proper management or perspective every discussion will end endless as long there is no focus on a certain aim. Thats what a unofficial team would do: Create a focus and a aim that can be archieved like setting up a letter and wait for someone official approval for the specific letter... Or directing blogger to write in a manner that catches certain people for the project. Right now there is no focus at all dont expect anything without a good head and organisation.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

People are already proposing ideas. Whenever the team presents a list of issues that need to be resolved, the general trend has been people not even trying to resolve the issues, expecting someone else to take care of the details, or only getting halfway. There have been successes, and those behind those successes are people who ultimately ended up with decision making positions on the team with respect to PR. Self-organization has not been a strong point on the forum, what with the request that project members offer blessings before people seem willing to come together. As I have kept stating, there is nothing stopping people from organizing discussions themselves. We (the project members) watch the forums and we will inject feedback where and when we feel the need. What we do not have time to do is hand hold people or do all the work for some idea someone else came up with.
andreas84

Post by andreas84 »

huff z98 i slowly begin to understand you i tried to write to some of the people who were interested trying to make an unofficial pr team with the aim to get a moderation team which can moderate the forum threads about pr to become fruitful. two of them did not respond and one said there is no sense in it as it is not more than we have now. so i guess same happend to you and its maybe really not your mistake. i feel there is WAY leas energy and engagement behind than one would think after reading in the forum.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

What Z98 said is absolutely right, not only with regard of PR but whole ReactOS team. Everyone who is now of any influence in the team has made it only by one's skill, dedication and hard work. The more a person is active and involved, the more influence it has with regard of the project future. Our team is not a mythical gathering, nor a camarilla, we are not locked from new members, quite opposite - we need new members, but those should be involved in the project and dedicated, not someone who would quit after a month or two just because that person is bored.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

andreas84 wrote: i feel there is WAY leas energy and engagement behind than one would think after reading in the forum.
Somebody said here that the number of people who want to take part is not necessarily small, but there is no organizer.
andreas84

Re:

Post by andreas84 »

hto wrote:
andreas84 wrote: i feel there is WAY leas energy and engagement behind than one would think after reading in the forum.
Somebody said here that the number of people who want to take part is not necessarily small, but there is no organizer.
there is z98 who will do this for sure, there is dosguy who would maybe organizing an official team, there am i and i have seen vic lately
andreas84

Post by andreas84 »

well i decided to announce an unofficial pr team after atleast one person is ready to help me to setup it - which will be a bit work for everyone who help.

right now there is no one who is ready to help me i got only denys for different reasons.

additional i have no access to a computer and am bound to mobile phone which together means the setup is likely to be somewhat slow unless i found 2-3 people who help me.
DGMurdockIII

Post by DGMurdockIII »

why no do interview on open source podcast like floss weekly for example http://twit.tv/show/floss-weekly