Re: newsletter

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Z98 wrote:We're really not the ones that you should be reporting these messages to. We certainly can't do anything to stop them from sending emails to your yahoo account at this point. And I'd really prefer that you not repeat spam posts on this forum.
z98, it seems you made a little error in the html of your newsletter. As far as I can see from the sourcecode, it has to do with the "<a href="newsletter_92.html#sec5">" which doesn't really refer to a sec5 (it stops at 4). Thus, "IPV6" does not bring you at the bottom of the page, like with 3 and 4.

Only a small mistake (unless I'm mistaken ;) ), but I thought to just mention it. It's because you started "Win32 Improvements" with 'sec1' on the first page, but with 'sec0' on the second. Therefore, when you click on it it, it gets you to the next chapter, which is 'sec1' on your second page.

But, of course, it's been a long time since delved into html/css/etc. and made sites, so I'm a bit rusty and could well have mistaken your intentions.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

That's all autogenerated. I have no control over that.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Z98 wrote:That's all autogenerated. I have no control over that.
?

Surely you, or at least some-one, must be able to manually correct it? I mean, it's not that big a problem, granted, but I'm a bit surprised to hear no manual adaptations are possible. It's just a matter of updating and changing the 'sec0' into 'sec1' (and consequentially, sec4 into sec5).
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

Well... I've heard that The CMS system here is rather strange, so maybe there is no "manual edit" option. o.O
I think it may be something with the priviledges. For example once I've played with TS server, and there was multiple priviledges. There was Admins, and There was a SuperAdmin. Maybe z98 is "just" an Admin guy ;-)
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

wojo664 wrote:Well... I've heard that The CMS system here is rather strange, so maybe there is no "manual edit" option. o.O
I think it may be something with the priviledges. For example once I've played with TS server, and there was multiple priviledges. There was Admins, and There was a SuperAdmin. Maybe z98 is "just" an Admin guy ;-)
Yeah, I thought it might be that too. Otherwise, it makes little sense. When I made sites, years back, it didn't even have a real CMS, and I still managed to adapt and change the code. I guess it depends on the rights/profile/privileges one has in a CMS environment.

Which begs the question: who's 'upperdog' on the website/CMS here? ;)