EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BrentNewland

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by BrentNewland »

SomeGuy wrote:JRE 6.31 is kind of working in ReactOS. This shows a simple applet running to retrieve the version number:

[ external image ]

Anything more complicated seems to make it fall down and go boom, but this is progress and opens up the potential for more applications to run under ReactOS. :D

BTW, awesome win on the KiCAD! I never knew about that program before, thanks for trying it out and letting us know!

Try these:

5u22 (last in 5 series)
6u1 (last with official 98 support)
6u7 (possibly last with unofficial 98 support)
6u27 (last version with Windows 2000 support)
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

No luck with any of those versions. I had also tried 1.5.06, the last one to run under 95 and NT 4. I would go on about their version numbering, but that would unquestionably belong in the Epic Fail thread :lol:

Edit: BTW, Stella, an Atari 2600 emulator running almost perfectly now under ReactOS:
[ external image ]
jorge1987

Post by jorge1987 »

That's a good one!! =D
"No te des por vencido ni aun vencido"
jorgeabreu.blogspot.com
desarolloylinux.blogspot.com
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

More Win!:

[ external image ]

Not much to look at, but Google's new GO programming language running under ReactOS! MSI installer version installs fine.
Zc456

Post by Zc456 »

Sweet! Was thinking about testing out Mozilla's Rust too.
Stay frosty, Tony Bark.
fred02

Post by fred02 »

SomeGuy wrote:More Win!:

Not much to look at, but Google's new GO programming language running under ReactOS! MSI installer version installs fine.
I think there is a small bug in your program, this patch should fix it. :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

--- hello.go
+++ hello.go
@@ -5,3 +5,3 @@
 func main() {
-	fmt.Print("hello, world\n")
+	fmt.Print("hello, ReactOS\n")
 }
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

A couple more smaller wins:

The freely downloadable Borland C++ 5.5 command line tools run under ReactOS 0.3.14:

[ external image ]

Surprisingly the Turbo Debugger also works:

[ external image ]

QCad runs, although there is an issue with dialogs opening behind the main window:

[ external image ]

And I finally figured out that to get LBreakout 2 to run, it needs its bundled SDL library updated:

[ external image ]
fred02

Post by fred02 »

SomeGuy wrote:A couple more smaller wins:

The freely downloadable Borland C++ 5.5 command line tools run under ReactOS 0.3.14:

Surprisingly the Turbo Debugger also works:
Amazing! How long before someone manages to compile ROS using them? :mrgreen:
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

There was an interesting question raised about how Firefox 13 will switch from msvcr80/Visual Studio 2005 to msvcr100/Visual Studio 2010 thereby dropping the ability to run on Windows 2000, XP SP1, and XP SP2. The question then is will it run under ReactOS?

I checked with a nightly build, as bleeding edge as you can get, and verified that it uses the new msvcr100.

The good news is, it runs!

[ external image ]

And another major win: The latest Winamp runs as long as it is set to the classic theme.

[ external image ]
ArmyMan007

Post by ArmyMan007 »

Hey guys,
To tell you the truth, when I started this thread I never thought I would see so many "Epic Wins"! While I'm on the road all over South America, it still gives me much joy to see that we are on the right way!

Keep those Epic Wins coming!!!

:-)
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
jorge1987

Post by jorge1987 »

Yeah, it's really good the work around this Thread, and we have now more Screenshots of ReactOS working for the page :O

I hope to test more Apps. =D

Best regards.
Jorge Abreu.
"No te des por vencido ni aun vencido"
jorgeabreu.blogspot.com
desarolloylinux.blogspot.com
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

ReactOS has so much WIN it just won't stop!

It is kind of hard to see since it works, but this is ReactOS running the VirtualBox video driver from the guest additions:
[ external image ]

And another win, ReactOS running The Visio 2002 Viewer:

[ external image ]

That is a Win for ReactOS because the design of the Visio Viewer is a total Fail! It is an ActiveX control that uses IE as its viewer shell. It would have taken Microsoft all of 5 minutes to make a proper shell application - here it is shown embedded in a simple VB 6 form. Every time I have tried this under Wine it has just crashed and burned.

More WIN for ReactOS!
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

And ROS isn't that far from seamless mode support, as you could think it is:
[ external image ]
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

And here is another EPIC WIN! Not much to show off in a screen shot but...

:shock: ACCESSED A USB FLASH DRIVE ON REAL HARDWARE!!! :shock:

I was re-testing several USB cards with the latest trunk and my mind totally blew when I saw a new drive labeled "KINGSTON" in the explorer!

The PCI card I successfully used was USB 2.0 StarTech PCI425USB, which uses an ALI chipset. Previously when I had tested it, ReactOS BSODed on startup, but now it works!

I also tried a PCI VIA6212L based card and an on-board VT83C572/VT82C586 USB - both seemed to be recognized but ReactOS hung when a flash drive was attached. That is still a known problem. Previously the VT83C572/VT82C586 wasn't doing anything at all, so even that is a step forward!

I'll have to try a few others and see what the result is.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Dang it, I didn't know this topic existed, otherwise I wouldn't be waiting for 0.3.15 to re-test a bunch of stuff I have. And apparently many screenshots from this thread have even been added to the homepage...

Full Disclosure: I always wanted my screenshots of a visual novel working on ReactOS to be picked for the frontpage. I guess you could say I have an agenda to spread awareness about the existence of the visual novel medium via its technological simplicity and therefore good compatibility with ReactOS. :P

(so then I guess I wouldn't really care if they were actually someone else's screenshots, as long as they were of quality visual novels)