0.3.14 Screenshots

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ArmyMan007
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:05 am

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by ArmyMan007 »

SomeGuy wrote:Worms 2 running under ReactOS 0.3.14
[ external image ]

Surprised this worked, and worked well, because I haven't had much luck with the other versions of Worms. (Note: had to replace the 16-bit InstallShield 5 loader with a 32-bit version)
Can you post this on our "EPIC WIN" thread?
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom

SomeGuy
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:48 am
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by SomeGuy »

Here are a few more games:

Tomb Raider II demo:
[ external image ]

Daytona USA demo:
[ external image ]

"Zillions of Games" demo:
[ external image ]

Fury 3 trial:
[ external image ]

Monster Trucks Madness:
[ external image ]

There were a few others I put in the CompatDB.

And unlike that Halo one that comes up on the main page sometimes, these actually RUN and do something!

User avatar
EmuandCo
Developer
Posts: 4422
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Germany, Bavaria, Steinfeld
Contact:

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by EmuandCo »

Is that the monster truck madness from the windows 98 cd?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

SomeGuy
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:48 am
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by SomeGuy »

I duno if that was on the 98 CD or not, I downloaded these games from RGB Classic Games http://www.classicdosgames.com/win9x.html

SomeGuy
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:48 am
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by SomeGuy »

I hate to bump this topic, but any word on getting some newer screen shots out on the main page? Given the fund raising efforts, people might be more inclined to donate if ReactOS at least looked more capable and promising. Just a thought.

Are more screen shots needed? Perhaps some fresh desktop/Explorer pictures? If there are any requests I can try and get some if I have or can obtain the software.

I'm kind of guessing you all may have been waiting for the website revamp, but since that seems to be taking a while it might be preferable to go ahead and get some out there

Microsoft Money 4.0, tested under 0.3.14 and Trunk:

[ external image ]

Also, there are more screen shots in the Epic Win thead: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10972

vicmarcal
Test Team
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by vicmarcal »

Thanks!A new set of Pics have been uploaded!Thanks to all your contributions.Thanks for your effort and time :).And sorry about the delay!
http://www.reactos.org/en/screenshots.html

cmoibenlepro
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:44 pm
Location: Canada

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by cmoibenlepro »

vicmarcal wrote:Thanks!A new set of Pics have been uploaded!Thanks to all your contributions.Thanks for your effort and time :).And sorry about the delay!
http://www.reactos.org/en/screenshots.html
Great! :D

SomeGuy
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:48 am
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by SomeGuy »

On the screen shots page, the thumbnail for Monkey Island running in DOSBox isn't showing up. The page is looking for DosBox-Monkey_thumb.png when it is actually .jpg.

Also, based on your selections for the screen shots page I compiled a set of thumbnails for the random thumbnail pictures on the main page.

newrosthumbs.zip

That old Photoshop 3 image that comes up some times simply has to go. :) If I had known it was going to be prominently display on the ReactOS main for so long I would have done more than scribble around.

A couple of notes: I included some of the older ones like the desktop set and the Shock4way3D which were very nice. I was going for a certain visual impact, so I didn't include all of the new ones. As nice as the Google Earth one looked it didn't feel right since the application BSODs before it can do anything. A few of the other older ones I switched around just to "mix it up".

At any rate, use it if you want. Looking at the testindex, I think this selection looks pretty nice.

oswetto
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by oswetto »

Reactos 0.3.14 screenshots are not visible http://www.reactos.org/it/screenshots.html

PurpleGurl
Posts: 1788
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:11 am
Location: USA

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by PurpleGurl »

oswetto wrote:Reactos 0.3.14 screenshots are not visible http://www.reactos.org/it/screenshots.html
They seem to be on the English page, but not the Italian page.

gonzoMD
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:49 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by gonzoMD »

PurpleGurl wrote:
oswetto wrote:Reactos 0.3.14 screenshots are not visible http://www.reactos.org/it/screenshots.html
They seem to be on the English page, but not the Italian page.
also not on the German page

vicmarcal
Test Team
Posts: 2732
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by vicmarcal »

gonzoMD wrote:
PurpleGurl wrote:
oswetto wrote:Reactos 0.3.14 screenshots are not visible http://www.reactos.org/it/screenshots.html
They seem to be on the English page, but not the Italian page.
also not on the German page
PurpleGurl wrote:
oswetto wrote:Reactos 0.3.14 screenshots are not visible http://www.reactos.org/it/screenshots.html
They seem to be on the English page, but not the Italian page.

The Screenshot page is Localized, it means that the Language Mantainer is the responsible of translating and updating it based in the English original reference.So, ask your language mantainer to keep it updated ;)

For now I have updated almost all the valid languages, so both Italian and German should show correctly the new updates. But remember for the future to ask your Mantainers to keep it upd! :)

PurpleGurl
Posts: 1788
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:11 am
Location: USA

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by PurpleGurl »

vicmarcal wrote:The Screenshot page is Localized, it means that the Language Mantainer is the responsible of translating and updating it based in the English original reference.So, ask your language mantainer to keep it updated ;)

For now I have updated almost all the valid languages, so both Italian and German should show correctly the new updates. But remember for the future to ask your Mantainers to keep it upd! :)
Valid languages. So no Na-vi, Purplonian, Pig Latin, Klingon, BASIC, nor Elmer Fudd. ;-)

I speak mostly only English.

PascalDragon
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by PascalDragon »

PurpleGurl wrote:
vicmarcal wrote:The Screenshot page is Localized, it means that the Language Mantainer is the responsible of translating and updating it based in the English original reference.So, ask your language mantainer to keep it updated ;)

For now I have updated almost all the valid languages, so both Italian and German should show correctly the new updates. But remember for the future to ask your Mantainers to keep it upd! :)
Valid languages. So no Na-vi, Purplonian, Pig Latin, Klingon, BASIC, nor Elmer Fudd. ;-)

I speak mostly only English.
Klingon is a more valid language than most others. It even has a language code (tlh). See also Wikipedia.

Regards,
Sven
Free Pascal compiler developer

fred02
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:54 pm

Re: 0.3.14 Screenshots

Post by fred02 »

PurpleGurl wrote:
Valid languages. So no Na-vi, Purplonian, Pig Latin, Klingon, BASIC, nor Elmer Fudd. ;-)

I speak mostly only English.
My guess that in this context "valid" means "with a maintainer". You are of course welcome to volunteer for any and all the others' you mention. :D
PascalDragon wrote:Klingon is a more valid language than most others. It even has a language code (tlh). See also Wikipedia.
Oh, let us not forget the classics: Quenya, Sindarin, and many-many others.
Next step: ROS localisations. :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Semrush [Bot] and 0 guests