SHELL32 Progress

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bitiquinho

SHELL32 Progress

Post by Bitiquinho »

Please do not take this as complaining, or me trying to put pressure on the devs (and please really sorry for the strange English, not my native language...). I'm just curious if someone can tell me how far ReactOS shell32.dll implementation is from being able to support the new Explorer made, if that's the plan, of course..... I can be a little misinformed.

Thanks in advance.
gonzoMD

Re: SHELL32 Progress

Post by gonzoMD »

it's not only shell32, but user 32 too
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

We are still a ways away.
Bitiquinho

Post by Bitiquinho »

Thanks for the answers
Bitiquinho

Post by Bitiquinho »

One more question: Someone can tell if arwinss situation is somehow different about it ? Thanks
igorko

Post by igorko »

Don't think user32 is somehow related to explorer. As for arwinss: if i'm right and user32 is not related to explorer new state than it doesn't matter what are you using: arwinss or "native" ss - it doesn't change nothing for explorer new working state.
I'm not much knowledged in win internals but afaik to make explorer new work next modules must be improved: shell32, browseui and maybe some others, but they are secondary.
ashraf_mohamed123

Post by ashraf_mohamed123 »

Thanks very much to ROS developers for their hard work, but i think Explorer_New is a vital goal to make ROS more Appealing to new comers.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

ashraf_mohamed123 wrote:Thanks very much to ROS developers for their hard work, but i think Explorer_New is a vital goal to make ROS more Appealing to new comers.
Well, improving the GUI will make more users to test ReactOS, but if the internals are not good enough it will be uninstalled in a couple of minutes.
So this is not just about attracting but also keeping..
ashraf_mohamed123

Well, improving the GUI will make more users to test ReactOS, but if the internals are not good enough it will be uninstalled in a couple of minutes.
You are absolutely right,but New comers means new testers.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

ashraf_mohamed123 wrote:
You are absolutely right,but New comers means new testers.
New testers are those who believes in the project and their criticism goes further than the design, able to understand the complexity of creating ReactOS. Testers doesn't mind about the Design but needs some stability in order to perform their tests. So again the internals are basic to keep the testers.
It took me some time to reach to this conclusion. If I miss something is lack of PR, which we are solving now thanks to the Twitter(and other social network) accounts.We are preparing some new tasks for those who wanna join the PR Team ;)

***The Promoting Twitter Week***
Follow us in Twitter: @ReactOS
ashraf_mohamed123

What is the PR team?
milon

Post by milon »

ashraf_mohamed123 wrote:What is the PR team?
The Public Relations team.