Browser

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

Luemmel wrote:latest news from the mailing list:
http://www.reactos.nl/pics/ff1.png
http://www.apiviewer.de/downloads/mozilla.png

cheers to all developers who made this possible :)
:mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

The embed control is a require part.

So except it makes common sence to package a basic browser for testing.
uriox

Post by uriox »

Phalanx wrote:You do realise that the more choices you offer people, the more people you push away?
Of course you should always have a default installation for the average Joe user. I only think that being able not to install something would be a great feature. I also realize that by the time Joe will use that, many ReactOS packages will be available....
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Ok, could anyone explain step by step how to install Mozilla Control to make iBrowser working? I installed Mozilla Control 1.77, typed regsvr32 mozctlx.dll and it seems that dll is registered after that. Anyway niether ROS Explorer nor iBrowser can use it (Control not found). What I'm doing wrong?
boomerific

Post by boomerific »

What about Opera 8.5? it is nice an small. 3.6MB download that should be good for the people that constantly complain about size, zippy install times too. Besides it has many nice features such as zoom and support for flash, shockwave etc...

Could this be an option :?:

http://www.opera.com
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

wrong licence, no activeX replacement, not large support for MS replacement.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Bishop wrote:Ok, could anyone explain step by step how to install Mozilla Control to make iBrowser working? I installed Mozilla Control 1.77, typed regsvr32 mozctlx.dll and it seems that dll is registered after that. Anyway niether ROS Explorer nor iBrowser can use it (Control not found). What I'm doing wrong?
Don't forget also regsvr32 mozctl.dll
then reboot reactos.
It should work (I tested it with vmware)
martinfuchs
Developer

Post by martinfuchs »

Ok, could anyone explain step by step how to install Mozilla Control to make iBrowser working? I installed Mozilla Control 1.77, typed regsvr32 mozctlx.dll and it seems that dll is registered after that. Anyway niether ROS Explorer nor iBrowser can use it (Control not found). What I'm doing wrong?
Version 1.77 doesn't work for some reason. Seems it depends on some still unimplemented function in ReactOS. I was able to install version 1.6. However I don't have a working internet connection in ROS, so I couldn't test it completely.