Regedit In ReactOS

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

doomy666999

Regedit In ReactOS

Post by doomy666999 »

I am currently on the last stage of the driver install in the topic, "nVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 Driver install"

The command that i am supposed to enter:

regedit /s nv1024x768x32.reg

does not seem to be accepted in cmd.exe, is there any way i can install this file myself in regedit.exe?

i have never used the program myself and so i am unsure of how to go about installing this registry file in reactOS,

can anyone offer any help on the matter?
steveh

...not in the path

Post by steveh »

first do

cd \reactos\system32

i think this directory is not in the command path by default (?)
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

You can also import the file trough regedit's gui. just open start->run->regedit. Then the leftmost menu in the menubar has an option to import registry files. Click on that, select the file you want to import and click ok. After a reboot it should be ok.

I just wrote it this way there because there had been a bug in ReactOS which prevented regedit from working properly so you had to do it in commandline mode. This bug is long gone now, I'm sorry I didn't update the pages yet :oops:
doomy666999

Post by doomy666999 »

i have tried importing the file but after selecting the file to import nothing happens,

is anything ment to happen after selecting the file?
is there any visual sign after rebooting that the file was imported properly?

help!!!!! lol :cry:
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

doomy666999 wrote:i have tried importing the file but after selecting the file to import nothing happens,

is anything ment to happen after selecting the file?
is there any visual sign after rebooting that the file was imported properly?

help!!!!! lol :cry:
well you can browse to the newly created keys in regedit. (For this example just click on the left side on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->System->CurrentControlSet->Services->nv4 and check if there's something in there, or if the folder does exist; if it doesn't, it wasn't imported properly).
edit: No, there's no sign after importing the file. You have to check if it works for yourself this way.