3D drivers (OpenGL) for Reactos

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Geri_lgfx

Re: 3D drivers (OpenGL) for Reactos

Post by Geri_lgfx »

xvid-1.3.2-20110601.exe isnt a binary? xvid official webpage has the binary codec, no disinformations please.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

@Geri_lgfx

Since you dont opt for your driver to be included in our codebase, this thread was not really necessary. Its all up to you, provided that you'll obey ROS licencing and copyright. You dont need to ask anyone of anything.
Geri_lgfx

Post by Geri_lgfx »

i had to ask the users, if they want it or not - becouse if too few users, port not worth the work.

but i think the thing have recived enough interest, so i will create a beta build, and the continuation will depend on the reactions.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Geri_lgfx wrote:i had to ask the users, if they want it or not - becouse if too few users, port not worth the work.

but i think the thing have recived enough interest, so i will create a beta build, and the continuation will depend on the reactions.
Cool!Expecting with interest the Beta :)
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

If you have to put much effort in getting that run in ros, then we have problems in our interfaces. Would be very kind if you report these
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Geri_lgfx wrote:i had to ask the users, if they want it or not - becouse if too few users, port not worth the work.
I`m not sure if users will be interested in your project, or have any deeper understanding of its purpose. But that's just me.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Haos wrote:
I`m not sure if users will be interested in your project, or have any deeper understanding of its purpose. But that's just me.
I am really interested, and i am sure several other gamers and testers who are testing Multiplayer games in ReactOS will be interested too :).Since the new reliable networking we are trying all the possibles games out there :).It will be a nice compatibility/performance test for his project too :)
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

If it runs on Windows, it should run on ReactOS. If it doesn't, it's more likely due to problems with ReactOS, not your build. Talk to us. Talk to us often. We have to know where ReactOS is lacking in.
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

Haos wrote:
Speaking as user I would be interested and would certainly try it out if/when it runs on ROS.
Geri_lgfx

Post by Geri_lgfx »

[ external image ]
TitaniumGL software-3D driver for ReactOS
FIRST *ALPHA* VERSION
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

v. 2011,09
free for HOME USE
can be distributed in the original package

To install this driver, overwrite your opengl32.dll to this.
This file can be found in C:\ReactOS\System32.
You may backup the original file, before you do this.
You not need to overwrite this file, its enough to put this .dll to the directory of your application's .exe file, then start the application.

*WARNING* This is for 32-bit ReactOS only. Currently, there is no 64-bit compatible release from this!

Its recommended, to have at least 768 mbyte RAM, before you install this.
This release requires at least Pentium1/6x86 class CPU.

known bugs:
-Read Error *memory address* OK/Cancel (bug in ????????)
-sssssssslllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
[ external image ]
sloooowpoooooooke sloooooooooooooooooooow
-3D image does not properly overlapped by other windows on the screen (bug in ReactOS)

if you see other bugs, please report it.
*WARNING* TitaniumGL's software 3D renderer utilises all your cpu cores (up to 4 cores) VERY AGGRESSIVELY AND CONTINOUSLY.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR COOLING ON THE CPU, BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS DRIVER. Overheating of your system may can cause
unrepairable damage. Authour does not responsible for any damage that may this software directrly/indirectly
cause. You have been warned.

http://TitaniumGL.tk
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

I an confirming Titanium GL driver for ROS working in Quake 2 Demo in ReactOS in VirtualBox (lagging, but works :-) ) Tekstures are in strange colors by the way, and they looks like they are in condition called "Fullbright" .
Good job man, keep this up and running and developing further !
best regards
wojo664
fLuXx

Post by fLuXx »

Just wanted to write that I support your port for ReactOS (even though there really shouldn't be any port, it should work natively, but still thanks). I am going to test it some time soon to see how it's working. Thanks again!
Geri_lgfx

Post by Geri_lgfx »

thankyou for the replys

wojo664: yeah, quake engines is a bit buggy. btw this stuff meant mostly for casual games, and not for the old AAA ones. However, the old ones also should work. But thats my state trackers issue, not platformspecific.
zZaRDoZz

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Another show of support for Geri_Igfx and titanium gl . Great work man!

Now if only I could get you interested in a version that works with my favorite doom port. *Shakes fist at Gari." :lol:

j/k
forart

Post by forart »

Geri_lgfx wrote:xvid-1.3.2-20110601.exe isnt a binary? xvid official webpage has the binary codec, no disinformations please.
No they haven't !

Win32 links @ official download page (http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html):
http://www.digital-digest.com/software/ ... id=0&did=1
http://www.koepi.info/xvid.html

Geri, please don't pronounce on what you don't know or *YOU* may disinform: I've studied licenses (and patents) systems for my graduation...
So trust me: XviD violates MPEG-LA patents, so they can't release binaries on their website (i've also contacted MPEG-LA directly some years ago, and they confirmad that !)
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.