Recruiting

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

vicmarcal
Test Team

Re: Recruiting

Post by vicmarcal »

Aeneas wrote: much of the discussion here revolves around the impossibility to undertake action, even if WILLING to do so, WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORITY. The authorisation to do anything MUST come from ReactOS, rather than being flooded with silence.

If you want to know it precisely, if you do things WITHOUT proper authorisation you may be liable for any damages (including, e.g., the image of ReactOS in public). To give an example: if I were to address the issue to 200 fora (and even get a few positive responses), who guarantees me that ReactOS does not say, "Who the heck are you to make advertisements in our name? We wanted to come forward at a later stage and now instead damage to our name and reputation has been done!"?

So the question rather is - how are people to be authorised to act for ReactOS to the outer world. Please, do come forward if you know the answer, I am certain people will appreciate.
Yup.This is the main problem. How to obtain a Proper Authority?We don't have an answer yet as during years we didn't have a way to "take ReactOS Project decissions" and Aleksey rol is not a Dictator one but a Consensus one.
Now there is a "ReactOS Meeting" each month that can solve the problems as the ones you are exposing. My recommendation is sending to #ros-general Mailing Lists your ideas and problems that could be addresed in the next ReactOS Meeting.You are on time for the next one.Hurry up!. ReactOS Member Boards will have to take care about it, and be sure, any idea and suggestion in the ML has x10 times more chances to be heard there than in the Forum.

I am completly agree about the need of authority before creating a PR position and ReactOS PRing. I can say that I made my own PRing in Spain, Collibri did PRing (real cool one) in Germany, Bartoloni creates PR through his Distro and ReactOS TV Channel, but there isn't an Official Team nowadays. And yes, you, me know that it is a MUST to have one.We should have it done 4 years ago, so the PR Team Creation is something that must be done "for yesterday". Maybe any ReactOS Board Member wants to take this rol, but the problem is that he would need a Team(a serious one) and have some flexibility in his actions(if he has to ask about any movement he wants to do then it's a total nonsense ).

And again, all your serious suggestions should be sent to the #ros-general Mailing List and tell there that you would like to be included as a "ReactOS Meeting Point" if possible.I'll be supporting your idea :)
Murmur

Post by Murmur »

can you link the mailing list, i cant seem to find it. I would also like to sit in on the meeting if that is alright, i just don't know when.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Meetings Dates are shown on the ros-dev ml and the irc Channel reactos-dev.
Mailing Liste can Be Found on the Main page on the left
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

are the votes only for participants or for other users who are there too?
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

«Everyone is invited to listen, and active community members have their passwords so that they can participate in the discussion. If someone doesn't have a password - please don't hesitate to email Colin to get one.»

It was a rule for the previous meetings.
[color=#aa0000]Ged[/color] wrote: Will the meeting be private or public?
forart

Post by forart »

EmuandCo wrote:Would you please give us spacific suggestions what to do better?
  • A bounty system (AKA earn money by coding something choosed through donors' funding) would be great
  • A call for hardware manufacturers' support could be interesting too
Just my 2 cents. ;)
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
forart

Post by forart »

Here's an example of a bounty system: http://haikuware.com/bounties
Have you ever wanted to contribute to the Haiku operating system but don't know how you should, or HB.pngdon't like your options? Are donations just too general, and perhaps you'd like to know exactly where your money is going? Bounties may be the perfect answer! Haikuware Bounties are a community initiative to try to spur development and bring better hardware and software support to Haiku. So, show your support to individual or team developers and Haiku by contributing to a specific bounty from our list below:

Also, six times a year we're going to show our appreciation towards individuals that have contributed in any way to further Haiku's cause with a 'Thank You' merit award. It's a different way of contributing; check out our 'Thank You Award'.
And here's another example: http://www.os2world.com/bounties
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Rule #6.............
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

No.