Discussion: ReactOS Meeting Minutes

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Bblaauw

Re: ReactOS Meeting Minutes

Post by Bblaauw »

vicmarcal wrote:June Meeting Minutes
■ The idea of performing full regression tests now was inmediatly rejected by Colin_Finck and Olaf_Siejka since bug reports are currently showing that our trunk is in a really bad shape. Due to this, the Release discussion will be on hold until the next meeting.
Thanks for noting/writing/posting those minutes, it's really nice to see what goes on behind the screens (or is that just IRC?) instead of thinking not much is happening because old issues are plain ignored in favor of other necessary things.

Assuming you as developers decide to stall 0.4.0 till after summer (due to Google Summer of Code projects as well as USB and audio goals for 0.4.0?) some 0.3.14 will be released hopefully in a month or 2. Besides the LDR rewrite bugs being worked out, I hope either better documentation will be available ("hey this VM software works, here's listed how to get accelerated [3D OpenGL-]graphics working, there's listed how to get network working, sound as well and experimental USB is shows at page bla) or actual problems are fixed in stages 1 and 2:
* stage 1: floppy bootloader install at final setup screen (or remove the option alltogether, as there's no "return to previous screen" method anyway if you can't find a floppy)
* stage 2: VMware tools/graphics installer (or just remove it alltogether, have user run vmwinst.exe in phase 3 and still fail miserably in case of VMware Workstation 7's different ISO layout)
* stage 2: gecko download (either remove or package it). Having an internet connection in phase 2 only encourages a "download latest trunk ISO and use those files instead of the ones on CD".

* stage 3: autologin works
* stage 3: logout working? (think it works already)
* stage 3: logon working?
* stage 3: APM/ACPI shutdown working (instead of behaving like a 486 with a "it's now safe to turn off your machine")
* stage 3: reboot working (think it works already)

All that done and you get a nice basic platform to start experimenting/testing on, a house with decent pillars/foundation kinda. Hope they're not scary basic expectations from a user's point of view :)

Meanwhile I hope the safemode patch makes it into next version, it's a nice improvement. Same for that DEBUG screen (dmesg patch was it?) when downloading your QEMU releases, giving more detailed output for bugreports, eliminating null-modem lines, having more computers etc. The update method in p1 (only writing files) is also really nice, never discovered it as working before. Ofcourse the improvement ruling them all is no longer those nasty blue boxes around desktop icons/names. Bye Windows 3.1 looks:)
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Why this thread was spin off the other thread?
Bblaauw

Post by Bblaauw »

To keep the other one clean (better signal-to-noise ratio). If that one stays announce-only then perhaps this one could discuss all the announcements there, and other issues.
b4dc0d3r

Post by b4dc0d3r »

The minutes are supposed to be the official record of what happened, not the most recent summary. If you want fast minutes, join IRC and see what happens. Otherwise, wait for the sumary or translation or review or whatever. Choose what you want, and read what's relevant to your interests.

Not to slight Victor, but if he wants someone to review the official summary, you're going to have to wait for it. Hope this isn't rude, just a little more obvious now. I think he has done a fine job, but I can understand if someone wanted me to summarize a meeting in French, Spanish, or Japanese. I would want someone to read it first.
fred02

Post by fred02 »

b4dc0d3r wrote:The minutes are supposed to be the official record of what happened, not the most recent summary.
Bblaauw wrote:To keep the other one clean (better signal-to-noise ratio). If that one stays announce-only then perhaps this one could discuss all the announcements there, and other issues.
Shouldn't the other thread be made sticky then?
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Indeed, it should.
Murmur

Post by Murmur »

I would rather like it in wiki format, that way you don't have to mess with the forums IMO
Bitiquinho

Post by Bitiquinho »

There is a meeting happening..... I think it's channel #meeting in fezile.reactos.org.... but I can't enter

Do I need a password just to see ?
evilslon

Post by evilslon »

Bitiquinho wrote:There is a meeting happening..... I think it's channel #meeting in fezile.reactos.org.... but I can't enter

Do I need a password just to see ?
No, password is not needed for this, but meeting has been aborted and postponed to the 25th August due to absense 3 key peoples of the project.
Bitiquinho

Post by Bitiquinho »

Someone knows what was decided about arwinss at the last meeting ?
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Will you publish minutes from last meeting? :?:
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

cmoibenlepro wrote:Will you publish minutes from last meeting? :?:
This time I wasnt the Minute Taker.As soon as the Minutes are sent I'll post them here :)
And Arwinss was adopted by consensum...maybe soonwe will see it integrated.We have to release first and finish cmake porting too :)
Murmur

Post by Murmur »

Will it be possible to link the actual log of meeting when the meeting is done so we can read though that until the minuets come out.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

No. The last meeting was specifically requested to be a closed door meeting by a developer.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Z98 wrote:No. The last meeting was specifically requested to be a closed door meeting by a developer.
So will we soon get a redacted copy of the minutes?