Screenshots

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

steffmeister

Screenshots

Post by steffmeister »

Hi

I made some screenshots of ReactOS 0.3.12 and I wanted to share them, maybe they are useful for someone.

The pics are screenshots of VirtualBox running ReactOS with 800x600x16 inside, 43 files: http://www.steffmeister.at/stuff/reacto ... nshots.zip (seems I'm unable to upload files here, so I host it on my server)
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Re: Screenshots

Post by Lone_Rifle »

These are nice, if you could, would you be happy to provide some further screenshots of applications running on ReactOS?
steffmeister

Post by steffmeister »

Yes, I will take some more.

I just stopped here because I messed up my installation by installing the VirtualBox Guest Additions, and I didn't managed it to get the network connection running.

Stay tuned.
Ey3

Post by Ey3 »

Good job! If you take some screen of interesting apps working on 0.3.12 they could be used for the screenshot section on website :)
steffmeister

Post by steffmeister »

16 more screenshots, http://www.steffmeister.at/stuff/reacto ... s-vol2.zip

So, i tried many programs, most of them installed, and most of which installed did not run. I only took screenshots of programs which seem to run without problems, thats why I was only able to take 16 shots. But I'm glad I did this, I became a more deeper insight of whats working and whats not. I really like this project and I hope it advances to a useful state soon.

(Following is not a complaint, just my experiences: I guess it would be enough that firefox would be running stable, I used v3.6.11, I got the "you have to move the mouse so the download continues" bugs (which they say it was fixed in 0.3.12), I got "you have to open it, close it, and open it so that firefox is able to connect to the network" bugs, I got "you have to minimize fx and restore it to be able to enter texts" (seems already filed here http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5574), some "fx just says its loading the page but doesn't do anything", sometimes fonts were missing, oh and even blue-screens at certain sites (seems to be reproducable when trying to download skype, maybe someone can confirm this). I have to check how to get debugging logs so I can submit useful bug reports.)

Anyway, I would be happy if someone can use the screenshots. Or be included to the main screenshots page, maybe someone can send the responsible person a pointer.
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

did you add these apps to the compatibility database? http://www.reactos.org/compat/
steffmeister

Post by steffmeister »

No, I did not. Where would I add the screenshots for the setup for example?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

steffmeister wrote:No, I did not. Where would I add the screenshots for the setup for example?
He means the 16 screenshots of the apps running in reactos :)
steffmeister

Post by steffmeister »

Oh ok ;)

But who updates the screenshot section (which seems to be updated a long time ago when ROS 0.3.9 was released)?
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

steffmeister wrote:Oh ok ;)

But who updates the screenshot section (which seems to be updated a long time ago when ROS 0.3.9 was released)?
Our website guys, i will ask them to include your new pics :), maybe we can update it a little. Thanks
steffmeister

Post by steffmeister »

That would be great. Thank you!