Soon: Develop ReactOS in ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

preston
Developer

Re: Soon: Develop ReactOS in ReactOS

Post by preston »

Please don't turn this into a Ged bashing thread, I realize I contributed to that but let's stay on topic from now on. Thanks

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

It was just a funny bet and a funny comment. I hope he doesnt feel worried about that. Btw i didnt read your comment, i just replied to his "6 years"(which from my point of view could be a little bit disrispectful with current devs who are working quite hard)
:)
But my bet stays...

gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

Ged wrote:ter what we hindrances there are, it still stands that what we used to do 6 years ago is finally becoming possible again.
Maybe running Firefox like we used to do 6 years ago is the next step?
Woo hoo.
I've tested personally almost all the 0.2.x series and I wouldn't exchange any recent release with any of those, it was a miracle if you managed to install it at times, using anything other than QEMU wasn't a choice. It was more a toy than an OS, ReactOS has made huge progress since then. Even though it's still full of issues, I prefer it in its current state than ages ago.

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Oh don't all you take it so seriously, it's called sarcasm :)

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Relax, it's just a bit of fun.

I've been around reactos for a looong time, probably about 10 years.
If I playfully attack the project then it's an attack at myself more than anyone here.
I should be the one who's offended by my comments, not you guys.

andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

vicmarcal wrote:Ged, if you need extra-motivation, watch this video:

http://vimeo.com/12600701

I think this is the first time i see a complex app working such nice in ReactOS.

In the other hand I disagree with your current point of view about ReactOS.
First, We are hitting bugs hidden by big old hacks.Other bugs were waiting ambushed to jump asap. Last month our Devs killed more than 30 bugs plus more than 10 regression using non-hackfixing methods.
And now,my area: Testing area.

Spanish and English people love bets, so let´s bet.

6 years ago?Ok. Better, let´s test 0.3.0 ( released on August 27, 2006.)(less than 6 years ago)(just 4)

And now...the bet:
I bet that you will be able to run in 0.3.0 LESS than 20% of current GoldenApps.Virtualizer: VirtualBox.
The reward: A picture dressed as Woman with red lips and a paper saying: ReactOS rocks!!
You win: If you are able to run more than 20% of current GoldenApps in ReactOS 0.3.0
You lose : If you are not able to run more than 20% of current GoldenApps in ReactOS 0.3.0.
You lose#2: If you dont accept this bet.
Agree??are you prepared to lose the bet?? :3
It will be funny :)
I lost the bet. :(

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

andrewweb wrote:
vicmarcal wrote:Ged, if you need extra-motivation, watch this video:

http://vimeo.com/12600701

I think this is the first time i see a complex app working such nice in ReactOS.

In the other hand I disagree with your current point of view about ReactOS.
First, We are hitting bugs hidden by big old hacks.Other bugs were waiting ambushed to jump asap. Last month our Devs killed more than 30 bugs plus more than 10 regression using non-hackfixing methods.
And now,my area: Testing area.

Spanish and English people love bets, so let´s bet.

6 years ago?Ok. Better, let´s test 0.3.0 ( released on August 27, 2006.)(less than 6 years ago)(just 4)

And now...the bet:
I bet that you will be able to run in 0.3.0 LESS than 20% of current GoldenApps.Virtualizer: VirtualBox.
The reward: A picture dressed as Woman with red lips and a paper saying: ReactOS rocks!!
You win: If you are able to run more than 20% of current GoldenApps in ReactOS 0.3.0
You lose : If you are not able to run more than 20% of current GoldenApps in ReactOS 0.3.0.
You lose#2: If you dont accept this bet.
Agree??are you prepared to lose the bet?? :3
It will be funny :)
I lost the bet. :(
Then: A picture dressed as Woman with red lips and a paper saying: ReactOS rocks!! will be cool enough :3