How to compile only part of ReactOS?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

mad_alchemist

How to compile only part of ReactOS?

Post by mad_alchemist »

Hello! I have ReactOS installed on my C: disk, but now I want to try modifying some code. How can I rebuild only these (modified by me) parts, without rebuilding all system (it takes 8 hours on my PC)?
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Re: How to compile only part of ReactOS?

Post by gabrielilardi »

mad_alchemist wrote:Hello! I have ReactOS installed on my C: disk, but now I want to try modifying some code. How can I rebuild only these (modified by me) parts, without rebuilding all system (it takes 8 hours on my PC)?
For example if you want to build notepad you'll have to type 'make notepad', what follows 'make' is the module name that you'll find in the rbuild file (notepad.rbuild in this case), property "module name=":

Code: Select all

<module name="notepad" type="win32gui" installbase="system32" installname="notepad.exe" unicode="yes">
mad_alchemist

Post by mad_alchemist »

But is there any way, after updating sources via SVN, to rebuild only those parts which are changed since previous update?
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

mad_alchemist wrote:But is there any way, after updating sources via SVN, to rebuild only those parts which are changed since previous update?
Depends on dependencies, you also need to build rbuild itself to be able to compile something in the tree...