When does 0.3.12 will come out?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cleansugar

Post by cleansugar »

1/4 Quater? 2/4 Quater?

Does'nt anybody know?
gonzoMD

Re: When does 0.3.12 will come out?

Post by gonzoMD »

no, not exactly, I know that the devs are performing some first tests allready (read at another post), but there is no official timeline
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

cleansugar wrote:When does 0.3.12 will come out?

1/4 Quater? 2/4 Quater?

Does'nt anybody know?
Maybe this post at ros-dev will make your day: LINK
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Just so nobody gets their hopes up, that post by Jim does not indicate the project as a whole has decided it's a good time to release.
tomleem

Post by tomleem »

There are times when feel like the children in the back seat of the family car saying 'Are we there yet?'. :lol:
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
Yaraslau

Post by Yaraslau »

Hello, police? I can't find version 0.3.12. Please, help!!! [ external image ]

[ external image ]
swight

Post by swight »

All roadmaps for this project are outdated and I have heard of no plans by the people that can that they will be updated. Reasoning given for this is that the time is better spent coding.
livestrong2109

Post by livestrong2109 »

swight wrote:All roadmaps for this project are outdated and I have heard of no plans by the people that can that they will be updated. Reasoning given for this is that the time is better spent coding.
Rather than flaming them for asking I will simply say this, "RoS Developer's time may be better spent coding, though one should not forgo bathing" Someone for christ sake update the Road Map it takes 3 min tops..! :roll:
Wesley Howard
ROS Contributor - Web Developer
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

First we have to figure out what is missing, next we have to figure out what everyone is working on, then we have to decide on milestones and deliverables, then we need to decide on a hypothetical timetable. I sent out a query about what was missing last year to the developers. I am still waiting on a response. In my original query I outlined what I was aware was missing and issues that needed to be addressed. Writing that took nearly 30 minutes, and that was based on the limited details I personally know about each component, since I've only dealt with generalities. Simply talking to developers about their current project can take upwards of half an hour. Extrapolate that out and updating the roadmap in any meaningful way will take days, if not weeks. It should be fairly evident now why the devs would rather code than do this.
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Being able to communicate with others in a clear and simple manner is a mandatory skill of every serious programmer.

Supervising programmers, scheduling tasks and so on is a responsibility of the project manager. In this case, project coordinator, not release engineer.

Project management here is just very poor, that's it. And no, open-source is not an excuse.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

If you dont like it, you might as well fork and do it correctly. Criticizing without doing anything to help with the problems is lame.
Yaraslau

Post by Yaraslau »

Writing this "0.3.12" will take not so much time. Less than 1 minute. I don't ask for detail, just one string with a version number. Look here:
[ external image ]
I can't believe, that fixing contradictory information is hard to be done.
Aeneas

Post by Aeneas »

But you know, people, the criticism of the roadmap is not quite wrong. The project looks indeed chaotic. I very much like it and hope it will finally lead somewhere, but large parts of this webpage is just misinformation, and it is NOT "everybody's duty to figure out which information is trustworthy and which not", what seems to be one attitude here. - There are larger projects than ReactOS, and they ARE following certain guidelines. I mean, the conclusion "it is not done - therefore it cannot be done" is a tautology and contradicted by what is observable beyond ReactOS. - For example, when is this whole Arwinss thing going to be implemented? When shall there be USB support for USB-storage-drives? How about other questions that people may have?

Discipline is attracting. I have the feeling that while there is good will by some of the members (and I experienced your project leader as a very reasonable and smart person), there are many people with an utterly aggressive attitude to any kind of criticism, in particular constructive one. Especially this "go do it yourself"-thing is ridiculous. - You do not like that car? - Go build one yourself! - You do not like politics of this government? - Leave the country! - You seek improvement of human life rather than take it as it is? - Go kill yourself!
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Criticism itself is meant to draw an attention toward problems. Those problems can be obvious or not. I tend to make them as obvious as possible.
It's up to you to decide if you want to fix those problems. Don't expect others to fix them for you.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

You assume we do not see the problems you're criticizing, thus requiring our attention. Why don't you check first if its true? You clearly omit the "We know, there are worse problems out there and we cant split ourselves in half" possibility.