Which your favorite programming language??

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

marryjohnson

Which your favorite programming language??

Post by marryjohnson »

That is why Objective C is so brilliant in my mind. Straightforward C and obvious OO.

I've always thought Java was a ripoff of openstep. Today they go head to head iphone (openstep derived) vs. Android (java).

What about yours...?
Aeneas

Re: Which your favorite programming language??

Post by Aeneas »

BASIC. Such as in QBASIC.

Yeah, you can dissent if you like. But for the purpose of its existence, I find it brilliant, namely to quickly create or understand rather small programs. I'm not saying you can make Office in it. But I am saying that most people do not want to make Office anyway. I once made e.g. a little tank game in it, where you say angle and velocity for the grenade... or a un-html or un-unicode application, as I had to read some such texts for university, but my computer was too primitive...

Let's see how Freebasic will will develop.
Trivalik

Post by Trivalik »

C# /.NET is my preferred implementation language. Documentation is pretty good, that most important, to find fast information. It's able a realative intuitiv programmingstyle. In Version 4.0 with dynamic it becommes ablity to script like (near) php, javascript.

I see that it could use in low level, i.e. http://www.gocosmos.org. So when cosmos is far enought, and have a win32 subsystem, thats were cool.

For .NET Framework speaks the ability that other languages can port to it, or a self implemented language can do it.
milesje

Post by milesje »

I use to be real big into C/C++, but after spending the last 3 year professionally working in Java I have come to really like it. With modern day IDEs you can create apps very rapidly in Java ( as with most languages now), and it is cross platform (without recompiling in most cases). Also Android apps are done with java, and I am starting to really get into writing moble apps for the Android platform.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Moved to Off Topic, where it belongs to.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

for program C++ and for the web PHP
swight

Post by swight »

VB.net 2005, When they added WPF it seemed to get real confusing how to do some of the things I could easily do in GDI++. Particularly when dealing with dynamically generated bitmaps. Also you had to do things like make sure you had the correct rectangle class and methods between WPF and GDI seemed largely incompatible. I haven't gotten around to playing with .Net 4.0 yet.
rembrandt

Post by rembrandt »

swight wrote:VB.net 2005, When they added WPF it seemed to get real confusing how to do some of the things I could easily do in GDI++. Particularly when dealing with dynamically generated bitmaps. Also you had to do things like make sure you had the correct rectangle class and methods between WPF and GDI seemed largely incompatible. I haven't gotten around to playing with .Net 4.0 yet.
I too am from the Basic school;
MSX-BASIC to GW-BASIC to Q-BASIC to Visual Basic to VB.NET, and also VBScript. I've learnt some Pascal and C at school way back but have never used those enough to become proficient.
fred02

Post by fred02 »

marryjohnson wrote: What about yours...?
You should attach a poll to the topic to make it more visual.
Horcrux7

Post by Horcrux7 »

I love Java for platform independent programs and C# under Windows (and Reactos ;) ). I hate C and C++.
tomleem

Post by tomleem »

I am not really a programmer but I like REXX. http://www.rexxla.org I want to learn more on this language and its variants. :ugeek:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REXX :ugeek:
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

ISO C90 C.

I have used other languages including C++, Java and various dialects of BASIC, but the fact is that C is the best programming language of all time. OF ALL TIME.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

C is the worst programming language except all those other languages that have been tried from time to time. :)
paul

Post by paul »

I am not a programmer... more a programming language lurker. ;-)

D http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ is a nice programming language in the spirit of C and C++.
Also with an X86 assembler, and integrated documentation system and unit testing.
D have at least three nice implementations, one based on gcc (gdc), one on LLVM, and the one from Digital Mars which is the reference.

But it really have, two standard library: Phobos by the author of the language, and Tango by the community.
Also, there is the version 2 (which few people follows because it change too fast), and version 1.

I try to learn, Haskell, http://www.haskell.org/ , but it is quite a different language than C like ones.

Oz programming language http://www.mozart-oz.org/ seems a nice theorical language, especially for constraint programming.
But with just the minimum to be able to use either imperative style (C), functional style (Haskell) or Object oriented style. With a nice special multithread, and distributed system.
But there seems to be no ... momentum to it.
disks86

Post by disks86 »

I haven't posted in a while so this post is coming out of nowhere.

Anyway my favorite is C# now It used to be VB.Net but I have come to respect the strict nature of the language. I also rather like c/c++ unless the project involves a UI lol.
Talk is cheap. Show me the code. - Linus Torvalds