0.3.11 Bootlogo.

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Davy Bartoloni

0.3.11 Bootlogo.

Post by Davy Bartoloni »

.. i'm not sure that this bootlogo is a good idea. ( not for a 4 -8 months download time )
A lot o people who don't love ReactOS could laugh on seeing this "splashscreen".

it's possible to do a "poll" like "Logon Sound - Choose your favorite(s)!" to determinate if users likes this strange sort of MS flattery?

P.s. someone can think that ReactOS is a totally rewritten ("from scrach") Win 3.1 :O
Med

Re: 0.3.11 Bootlogo.

Post by Med »

I think it's funny! I appropriate developers' humor :) And I don't think it has any negative impact on ReactOS fans. I personally don't give sh** about people already hating ReactOS.
Ey3

Post by Ey3 »

I'd like a poll too.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Davy Bartoloni wrote:.. i'm not sure that this bootlogo is a good idea. ( not for a 4 -8 months download time )
A lot o people who don't love ReactOS could laugh on seeing this "splashscreen".

it's possible to do a "poll" like "Logon Sound - Choose your favorite(s)!" to determinate if users likes this strange sort of Microsoft flattery?

P.s. someone can think that ReactOS is a totally rewritten ("from scrach") Win 3.1 :O
If they don't like ReactOS, then they wont change their opinion if we use the same bootscreen as we did before. Btw, next version will have the old one again anyway. 0.3.11 just sounded too much like Win 3.11 to not make this lil joke. An no, we wot make a poll for anything like this. If the devs decide to make a small and temporary tribute then its up to us. Such a poll would have resulted in another two weeks to wait, too.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

EmuandCo wrote:
Davy Bartoloni wrote:.. i'm not sure that this bootlogo is a good idea. ( not for a 4 -8 months download time )

it's possible to do a "poll" like "Logon Sound - Choose your favorite(s)!" to determinate if users likes this strange sort of Microsoft flattery?

If they don't like ReactOS, then they wont change their opinion if we use the same bootscreen as we did before. Btw, next version will have the old one again anyway. 0.3.11 just sounded too much like Win 3.11 to not make this lil joke. An no, we wot make a poll for anything like this. If the devs decide to make a small and temporary tribute then its up to us. Such a poll would have resulted in another two weeks to wait, too.
I have to agree with EmuandCo., it's just a little joke, and making a poll would have spoiled the joke.
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

"Why so serious?"
Davy Bartoloni

Post by Davy Bartoloni »

and making a poll would have spoiled the joke.
umh.. you're right...
reactosfan

Post by reactosfan »

I really don't know - if not this should be a joke? Let me argue that it is possible to compare ROS 0.3.11 to Win 4 WkGs 3.11! Despite the fact the first is a 32 bit and the second a 16 bit OP.

- how much advanced is the network
- how many programs do run on the OS
- how much hardware is supported (oh, oh)
- how ....

The next step would be to climb the ladder of Windows not to open the 24th window of the advent calender but to jump onto the hard disk of Christmas computers and into the heart of Santa and the children. :mrgreen:
Pesho

Post by Pesho »

It's funny, stop being such a square, man 8-)
fred02

Post by fred02 »

EmuandCo wrote:f they don't like ReactOS, then they wont change their opinion if we use the same bootscreen as we did before. Btw, next version will have the old one again anyway. 0.3.11 just sounded too much like Win 3.11 to not make this lil joke. An no, we wot make a poll for anything like this. If the devs decide to make a small and temporary tribute then its up to us. Such a poll would have resulted in another two weeks to wait, too.
Which make me think about other markable versions: NT 3.1 (THE first, but too late for now), 3.51 (well, I don't think ROS will stay THAT long in this branch 8-) ), 4.0 (hummmm ;) ) and 5.0 "the logical missing" :roll:
reactosfan

Post by reactosfan »

Which ROS is the XP (experienced on)? and what is about Win7 = ROS 0.7.0 ??? :lol:

:idea: 0.5.0 is XP and 0.6.0 is VISTA (lots of regressions and needs tons of ram)

=> 0.7.0 is brilliant :!: :!: :!:
DangerGround
Website Coordinator

Post by DangerGround »

5.0 is win2000, 5.1 is xp
fred02

Post by fred02 »

reactosfan wrote:Which ROS is the XP (experienced on)? and what is about Win7 = ROS 0.7.0 ??? :lol:

:idea: 0.5.0 is XP and 0.6.0 is VISTA (lots of regressions and needs tons of ram)

=> 0.7.0 is brilliant :!: :!: :!:
Actually DangerGround is right, Vista is 6.0 and Seven(c) is 6.1 internally.
And if one want to be mean to "everybody's most loved IT corporation", you can rant that they can't even count right up to ten. :mrgreen:
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

5.2 - Windows Server 2003
boomhauer

Post by boomhauer »

I cracked up at the boot screen, and even took some screnshots to send to some friends ;) Loved it.