Window XP theme

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

The123king

Re: Window XP theme

Post by The123king »

vicmarcal wrote:The123king: Sorry my complete ignorance.
Is that screenshot a mockup?or a real desktop?If so: is that our explorer.exe themed or a total different explorer.exe? Thanks :)
This latest screenshot looks nice.
Real Screenshot of a KDE Plastik port for XP, with a quick sneaky new start button

It's GPLed too. :D
andrewweb

Re:

Post by andrewweb »

mf wrote:Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.
I'll add that to the bugzilla quotes....
EDIT: Added
lollebol

Post by lollebol »

betaluva

Post by betaluva »

the plastic theme looks good on windows xp, it comes in black,green,blue,plastik (ice blue ),purple,slate.teal.

: http://contra.deviantart.com/art/Plasti ... ws-8066296
The123king

Post by The123king »

betaluva wrote:the plastic theme looks good on windows xp, it comes in black,green,blue,plastik (ice blue ),purple,slate.teal.

: http://contra.deviantart.com/art/Plasti ... ws-8066296
The123king wrote:What about the Plastik theme for XP? It's GPL'ed and I have made a quick hack to "brand" it with ReactOS...

I'll post a screenshot asap

EDIT:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5917/rosplastik.png

[ external image ]

EDIT2: I'm going to start work on an msstyle theme influenced by Royale, TangoXP and that Plastik theme. Dunno what it will look like, i tend to be terrible with graphics.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

That silverish-looking theme doesn't look half-bad. Not as bland as the Windows Classic look, but not completely crazy like most other proposals. Just different enough to say that it isn't Windows NT 4.
patternjake

Re:

Post by patternjake »

kevintrooper wrote:WOW! Pros: all exept the sign in the corner(start sign) and the buttons on the windows

EDIT: I took care of it!

[ external image ]
Thats a nice design :P
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Thanks for thread necro...
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

The123king wrote:What about the Plastik theme for XP? It's GPL'ed and I have made a quick hack to "brand" it with ReactOS...

I'll post a screenshot asap

EDIT:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5917/rosplastik.png

[ external image ]

EDIT2: I'm going to start work on an msstyle theme influenced by Royale, TangoXP and that Plastik theme. Dunno what it will look like, i tend to be terrible with graphics.
BTW, I don't know if I said this already, but I think this looks pretty good. It's distinctive enough to tell from Windows 2000, but not to the point of being visually distracting. It's modest, and that works well. Swapping the KDE button out for a ReactOS button is good, but you might want to add a visual cue to let users know that it's a button, such as making it glow when highlighted, or making it a proper "Start" button a la Windows Classic. With those changes, we might finally have a general-purpose contender to replace the Windows Classic look, in my opinion. Does it come in different colors? If I ran it on my ReactOS installation I would probably choose blue or red. :P
IBM_Corporation

Post by IBM_Corporation »

I also agree that the old XP Luna theme is far too boring to put in React, there needs to be something fresh. I have been working on a new shell theme for a while now, it is quite similar the Glass theme. However, I am using the most unorthodox program to create the images and GUI-----> GIMP.

I will post some screenshots when I feel that it is ready.

IBM
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Change your nickname, cause you're not an IBM spokesman.
ginjaninja405

Post by ginjaninja405 »

Hey,
I've been working on a quick mockup to what I think the theme could look like. I might have the wrong choice of colour,
but I think potentially it could work. I was inspired by the other two pictures in here, and sort of did a combination of
the two to create this. Tell me what you think?

[ external image ]
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Nothing brought my attention.
ginjaninja405

Post by ginjaninja405 »

Anyone other than SuperDog... people that want to help me make it better.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I like em all. Whoever manages to put this in a XP theme will be honoured with a dl link in rapps as soon as themeing fully works.

And as soon as WIne finished its Theme template we even can integrate em into the build process.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...