0.3.11 is near ?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cruonit

0.3.11 is near ?

Post by cruonit »

I see the build is being fixed intensively also the commits in the last two days are incrased

http://cia.vc/stats/project/ReactOS

or are we also waiting for the new reactos webpage design :)
RideBMX

Re: 0.3.11 is near ?

Post by RideBMX »

The release is near when it becomes branched.

The website redesign won't happen for a while.

encoded demands more commits.
Join a community effort and help the Wiki.
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

Angelus

Post by Angelus »

... and follow the following link up to check what are the improvements/bugfixes that will be released in the 0.3.11 version:

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/ChangeLog-0.3.11
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

Pesho

Post by Pesho »

RideBMX wrote:The release is near when it becomes branched.
It was branched today ;)
Ubuntu

Post by Ubuntu »

I have no idea what "Branched" means, but it sounds good so YAY!
The123king

Post by The123king »

Ubuntu wrote:I have no idea what "Branched" means, but it sounds good so YAY!
Thin k of ReactOS source code as a tree. At the beginning of ReactOS, the "trunk" (main working source code) was the only thing existing. Then, when a feature needs to be implemented out of trunk, or a release is being prepared (or when development needs to continue when the trunk is "locked", as is the case atm), a "branch" is created to keep these changes out of the main ReactOS source.

It's quite complex without a diagram :|
gralco

Post by gralco »

steveh

Question about (non-release) feature branches

Post by steveh »

Then, when a feature needs to be implemented out of trunk, ...., a "branch" is created to keep these changes out of the main ReactOS source.
Are the feature-branches complete source trees or only source which is altered by the separate feature development?
Can i do complete rosbe build process with bootcd creation be done on an export of such branch?

Which rules and procedures apply to re-import of a feature-branch into the trunk?
Is this a "oneshot" process, means is the reimport is granted and done when the feature is finished, or is a sync done from time to time without the feature being finished completely (under the condition that the sync would not break / disable the thrunk version)?

What must i consider if i want to merge an export of the trunk and an export of a feature branch?
Suppose i'm courious and want to give a try to a build a trunk export with the ext2 feature merged in?
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

As you can see every branch is a complete snapshot of Reactos core and modules, no matter if its feature or release. They are of course fully buildable (or at least should be), same as trunk.

Feature branches are usually created for subprojects that are too complex, taking too long or simply touching components too important to be peformed on trunk, where we risk serious breakages. Branches should be kept up to date with trunk. Merging back occurs if whole project or an independent part of it is complete and tested agains regressions and it depends on a situation and/or feature. Both cases can happen.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

Yay!

http://www.reactos.org/archives/public/ ... 12401.html

Now we'll finally quit hearing people whining about the impending doom or ReactOS :P
reub2000

Post by reub2000 »

When you do a checkout of the source code, it appears as if the branch where a complete copy of the source code. However, the branch is stored on the server as a list of changes since the revision that it was branched from.