Theme Support!!

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

jimtabor
Developer

Theme Support!!

Post by jimtabor »

Hi,
Part of the Win32k (Msg) rewrite I'm working on requires hooks to be applied for future use. These hooks are for Theming support. Yes support for UxTheme.dll, which is incomplete and from w(h)ine. ATM I've started the basic support without the kernel (Server Side) call backs to help load the instances needed for the user32 message subsystem to swap information and data with UxTheme.

So, I just wanted to ask if all of you want this to be added to ReactOS~~~ So let me know, you all have two days....

Thanks,
James
doomonyou

Re: Theme Support!!

Post by doomonyou »

I vote for theme support. Add it.
Cube 8

Post by Cube 8 »

Are you kidding?? Of course I (we) would like to see themes support, just like XP! There have been A LOT of XP themes out there. And they still make more!
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Yes, please add it. As we already were able to see in the past when we spread the first pics of semi Themed apps, theres a big interest out there for it.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

James go ahead please! add it!!! ;)
Cube 8

Post by Cube 8 »

Well, jimtabor, as you see, there was no reason doing this question. It was self-evident that people would want theming support.
Moreover, the purpose of ReactOS is to become as more alike as possible to Windows XP/2003!

So... go for it!
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Only thing we still could need after that is TIF or PNG support in UXTheme for transparency ;-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
X512

Post by X512 »

Only thing we still could need after that is TIF or PNG support in UXTheme for transparency ;-)
32 bit BMP support alpha transparency too.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

And are displayed as Black sections in XP UXTheme afaik. If you cant prove me wrong, plz tell me.

Wheeeeeee. Theming :-D

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

I have heard someone talking about Theme support?
Jim go for it!! :)
+1000000000000000000000
And if you can..ehem..solve our issues in the Alpha channel..ehem..I will send you some Spanish wine.
RideBMX

Post by RideBMX »

Are there any known issues or negative effects from adding this that would otherwise change our decisions?

If no, then I wouldn't mind having it added.
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease add it as soon as possible, if you get it ready, maybe in 0.3.1.

A long wished feature is coming, yeaaaaaaaaaah

That looks like another design-contest for a new default style. (in less far and more near future of course)
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

I think jimtabor knew the response before asking the question :)
Theming support is of course a must nowadays, and nicer GUI will help us make a much better impression on the public.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Better to fix bugs…
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

jimtabor wrote:Hi,
Part of the Win32k (Msg) rewrite I'm working on requires hooks to be applied for future use. These hooks are for Theming support. Yes support for UxTheme.dll, which is incomplete and from w(h)ine. ATM I've started the basic support without the kernel (Server Side) call backs to help load the instances needed for the user32 message subsystem to swap information and data with UxTheme.

So, I just wanted to ask if all of you want this to be added to ReactOS~~~ So let me know, you all have two days....

Thanks,
James
hi jim,
I have done a bit of research for theme support as well. I guess you have seen this wiki page: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/RegisterUserApiHook
I have also created a test application in which I have copied most of the non-client message handling and tuned it to use uxtheme apis to paint its borders and caption. These changed functions can also be used by RegisterUserApiHook. I'll try to find you trhough irc.

Keep up this work!