green gnome os

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

reub2000

Re: green gnome os

Post by reub2000 »

Pisarz wrote:It's just a bad shell replacement.
Agree. In the future, this may run on ReactOS, but I see no reason why it should.
Tytoos

Post by Tytoos »

They write that. It's desktop replacement. And They want write OS based on that desktop. Nothing more.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

I have been looking the Binaries of this "OS", it is just a shell replacement.Maybe is better to say "shell".
It´s quite tricky to install, it doesnt come with an installer and it comes with a mix of Italian(?) and English folders..
They can call it "OS","Horse" or "Cat", but is just a quite small shell.
Green gnome OS needs an OS to work, so it isnt an OS at all.
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

I'm working on something smiliar to this GreenGnome. I've just started, but it seems that my project is better. And not only by apperance.

http://www.pisarz.pdg.pl/shellreplacement-01.jpg (old screenshot, taskbar is working now).
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Pisarz wrote:I'm working on something smiliar to this GreenGnome. I've just started, but it seems that my project is better. And not only by apperance.

http://www.pisarz.pdg.pl/shellreplacement-01.jpg (old screenshot, taskbar is working now).
Are you shell based in bb4win?or created from scratch?Is it working on Windows or in Linux?
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

From scratch. For Windows, but not working on ReactOS.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

a pity :(
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

Pisarz wrote:I'm working on something smiliar to this GreenGnome. I've just started, but it seems that my project is better. And not only by apperance.

If you can develop a shell replacement, why don't you spend yout time in the development of explorer_new,
that would be great.
greenie

Post by greenie »

Pisarz that looks great. I would love to try your shell. It looks awesome.
It would also be nice to see explorer-new come along. Though it is not maintained on reactos. It is considered not critical and patches will not be committed. Maybe you can change this though. Sure if you prove yourself worthy you could get svn access.
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

I'm not good at programming. I'm working on this shell replacement in a simple game creation software (Multimedia Fusion 2). Just for practise.