looking to hire

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

silver163

looking to hire

Post by silver163 »

Hello,

We are interested in hiring the ReactOS team to bring ReactOS under stable functionality in order for us to utilize the operating system for our point of sale system. We are currently looking for bids on this. Who would be the right person to contact about this?
The123king

Re: looking to hire

Post by The123king »

Fireball on IRC. check out #reactos on Freenode.
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

Ask Fireball. Find the developers on irc - irc://irc.freenode.net/reactos . Alternatively, use the ros-dev mailing list. What kind of time frame are you looking to hire them btw?
grschneider
Developer

Post by grschneider »

Another way to contact the project coordinator ("Fireball") per email: aleksey@reactos.org
silver163

Post by silver163 »

Ok I will email him, I did not see him in the IRC channel. There is no specific time frame but hoping to make it as soon as possible and a good rival to Windows 7.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Makes sense. I personally and hoping to stick with XP on 3 different PCs as long as possible and then jump to ReactOS instead. (these PCs won't even run 7 all that well)
theuserbl

Post by theuserbl »

Ok, time have gone.
The last post is from a week ago.
What is now happen after this promisingly post?
Was Aleksey contacted? Are there now full time ROS-developer? :)
Or is it come to nothing. :?: :(

Would be hear more news about it - if it is possible at the moment. :)

Edit: typo
silver163

Post by silver163 »

ok my linux computer died and i been working on it being recovered. at the moment a basic proposal was written out, not sure if it holds enough information but it does provide the basic. The exact computer specs will be tomorrow.

Here is the link:

http://www.mypixation.com/jigle_proposal.pdf
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

After reading the above-linked PDF, I'm not so sure if you're aware of the developer's policy on keeping the core OS very bare-bones and turning to distributions for extra features. If referring to the core OS, I don't believe the proposal would be accepted, but as a distribution I think your chances of being accepted are much much greater.

Of course specific bits and parts could still be implemented into the core OS, just probably not everything.
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RideBMX

Post by RideBMX »

The basic proposal outlines pretty much what you want to do with it, which looks mostly like standard projected development (except for having your own icons and rebranding it as "Jigle"). I was hoping to see something about the hiring of developers and your development schedule.
silver163

Post by silver163 »

Yeah this would be a distribution.

The proposal is basic, as I noted so it may not currently appear to be any specific. But the operating system must be compliant with PCI Security Standards and Visa Standards which is extremely critical. The distribution must also have a sandbox mode which our engineers are researching more into to provide the best way of implementing. There will be another proposal written out, version 2.0.

At the current moment the operating system has been extremely unstable with out point of sale system software.

This is a paid project let me say that and we are searching for developers.
silver163

Post by silver163 »

Well I guess no one is interested in the paid work here I guess...strange but ok I understand.
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

We've mentioned already; look in IRC. And try to respond if Fireball is talking to you (don't deny it, I was there when Fireball was discussing it and you did not respond at all).
silver163

Post by silver163 »

Lone_Rifle wrote:We've mentioned already; look in IRC. And try to respond if Fireball is talking to you (don't deny it, I was there when Fireball was discussing it and you did not respond at all).
I was there and spoke with him and he requested a proposal. My linux computer which had the IRC client froze up for days and finally crashed. It should be ready today so I will get on the IRC later.
silver163

Post by silver163 »

We wrote out the proposal, more specific information will come out in the proposal version 2.0 so hold tight.

But in order to get a more accurate and more detailed proposal we will need to know who is on board with this project, how much money is requested, determination of payment method, and the speed that certain features can be developed by in order to write out a schedule.

Cause my linux computer isn't up yet I emailed Fireball the proposal but no response yet.