reactx ...

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jerexgrz

reactx ...

Post by jerexgrz »

I searched some news (general infos, not technical) about reactx but i don't see anything.
Haos
Test Team

Re: reactx ...

Post by Haos »

Simple, nothing is done in this region.
zydon

Post by zydon »

Is there any plan for ReactX take interest into implementing DirectShow API in ReactOS?

How about MCI API implementation in case ReactX still a long way to have DirectShow?

Multimedia support definitely have high interest among ReactOS supporter. MCI API could be the best direction to go until ReactX show some progress. I guess, it is still a long way to go for ReactX gaining an equal performance like DirectX.

---

I wonder if ReactX could be developed on top of Flash ActiveX library? Similar to Wine but calling Flash engine to support the DirectX calls for 2D and 3D graphics operation instead.
Ey3

Post by Ey3 »

zydon wrote:Is there any plan for ReactX take interest into implementing DirectShow API in ReactOS?

How about MCI API implementation in case ReactX still a long way to have DirectShow?

Multimedia support definitely have high interest among ReactOS supporter. MCI API could be the best direction to go until ReactX show some progress. I guess, it is still a long way to go for ReactX gaining an equal performance like DirectX.

---

I wonder if ReactX could be developed on top of Flash ActiveX library? Similar to Wine but calling Flash engine to support the DirectX calls for 2D and 3D graphics operation instead.
I'm not an expert in this field, but shurely this won't be a priority until earlier beta or late alpha... i think it's because of the actual incompatibility with the majority of videocards existing.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

@zydon

Why dont you take and revive this part of development? We always accept good patches, and we could really welcome a directx dev.
DukeNukemCZ

Post by DukeNukemCZ »

Haos wrote:@zydon

Why dont you take and revive this part of development? We always accept good patches, and we could really welcome a directx dev.

Oh youare so hot! Lock me IN! i have can work with Maya and Photoshop...

(sarcasm)- some one is like repeater of one sentence, like everyone is coder
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

As someone is expecting miracles, on a daily basis...
DukeNukemCZ

Post by DukeNukemCZ »

Haos wrote:As someone is expecting miracles, on a daily basis...
Of course i understand, but is how it is, its to be user, and now its OK just wait until beta will be out, or after RoS will be more usefull = more user will come and such questions will be there 10times per day. Its never ending story of forum moderators, answering, locking or re-link topics.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

You forgot banning :-P jkjkjk
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

There will also be 10 times more potential ReactX developers (which would actually still mean less than one more to help Pigglesworth and gbrunmar :mrgreen: )
zydon

Post by zydon »

Base from the responds on this tread, it's not so encouraging for further discussion related to my questions.

Only a single respond to my question from Ey3 which is I think could lead into further discussion to understand about Multimedia API status in ReactOS.

Ey3, I think existing video driver in ReactOS is already a good base to started with. I'm not an expert too. But is there possibilities to know where to look for workaround to connect the system from existing windows multimedia API or DirectX media component.

Haos, I'm not interested in getting involve with ReactX development since it doesn't fit me well with all the restrictions not to use MS codes. So, I stay as end users development which is related with making application running on the system which is already working.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well. We have our reasons to disallow MS Code, you know? Would you like to lead your project in a open knive? I would not...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

ReactX development is on hold right now, we use code from Wine for now. As most of the dx libs are synced with Wine you can get some idea about the status here http://www.winehq.org/status/directx .
zydon

Post by zydon »

I'm understand why the ReactOS development put the restrictions on MS codes. I'm just saying I am not the right guy join the development as yet since I'm still bound by the codes and techniques provided by MS in making applications.

With those limitations on my side, I trying to understand the ReactOS structure through general discussions hopefully could learn the possible workaround to make multimedia application works as at this alpha stage. Other than that, I'm not familiar with NT platform. But I'm used to Win9x environment.

Without a clear documentation the status, feature and plans for ReactOS, I thought I could gather these informations through discussion.

ps - preston, thanks for the info.
FORCE

Post by FORCE »

jerexgrz wrote:I searched some news (general infos, not technical) about reactx but i don't see anything.
Simple solution is to find more developers or promote ReactOS in different ways, for example if you are student then promote ReactOS every way you can imagine.