Please post your 0.3.9 screenshots here

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

SuperDog
Translation Team

Please post your 0.3.9 screenshots here

Post by SuperDog »

We need screenshots of 0.3.9 release in action.
We are looking mainly for mainstream applications, games and utilities. However, you are free to post a link to any screenshot you see fit.
Best screenshots will be included in Screenshots section on the website.

Note: please label your screenshots
SuperDog
Translation Team

Re: Please post your 0.3.9 screenshots here

Post by SuperDog »

Some screenies given by encoded:

[ external image ]
Abiword 2.6 running

[ external image ]
TuneUp Utilities 2009 installation

[ external image ]
XBMC
The123king

Post by The123king »

[ external image ]
Microsoft Works 8.5 setup.
[ external image ]
Microsoft Works 8.5 setup.
[ external image ]
Microsoft Works 8.5 Word processor. Only thing in the whole suite that actually works, and that can be a bit hit-and-miss sometimes. Still useable, if it doesn't cause a system hang.

I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND INSTALLING WORKS 8.5. IT ISN'T VERY RELIABLE AND CAN CAUSE SYSTEM HANGS.

[ external image ]
Preliminary themeing on ReactOS using Dreimer's modified WineCFG.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

hefner

Post by hefner »

Starcraft (Demo) - you have to set to 256 Colors , higher resolutions than 640x480 will create a black frame around the game , but still ok
[ external image ]
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Awesome screenshots. We want more!
SuperDog
Translation Team

Post by SuperDog »

Given by janderwald:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
TortoiseSVN (you need msvcp90.dll, msvcr90.dll and mfc90u.dll)

Given by encoded:
[ external image ]
Notepad++
Sof_T

Post by Sof_T »

123TheKing wrote:Preliminary themeing on ReactOS using Dreimer's modified WineCFG
Thanks for that hint I just had to try it out. The result was quite unexpected there are quite a few components which respond to themes. I hope the other components follow along in time as this seems to be a topic that comes up again and again on the forum.

WineCFG is an interesting program a little like the Windows PowerToys add ons.

I'll add some screenshots here as soon as Windows lets me grab them.
deniseweird

Post by deniseweird »

Gens GS, a MegaDrive emulator, running Sonic 2 Beta:

[ external image ]

Same emulator, running Sonic 3 & Knuckles:

[ external image ]

BoycottAdvance, a GBA emulator, running Bomberman Jetters:

[ external image ]

Same emulator, running Sonic Advance 2:

[ external image ]

The results are a bit promising, though there are still problems. The speed was suprisingly good with both emulators. I also tried Snes9x before with good speed results. I did not get the sound to work for ReactOS at all though. That's not too odd though as it's quite preliminary, so we'll see how it is in 0.3.10. There are some glitches as you can see, and fullscreen does not work; trying will make the system freeze. When you try to close the applications, the system freezes. There is also an odd problem with the keyboard, making it a bit impossible to actually "play".

Pretty much all of the problems here are such that may be fixed soon though. Sound is being worked on, and so is video if I'm not mistaken. ReactOS is really becoming interesting. In the next few releases I may even install and use ReactOS natively. :D
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Impressive.
Thanks for share.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

Oh, by the way, if anyone is new to testing software on ReactOS, there's a compatibility database where you can report how well the software did or did not work. It's a little antiquated but it's still being maintained, apparently.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

Here are some screenshots I took of Doukutsu Monogotari, (or Cave Story), a popular freeware game from Studio Pixel.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The first two screenshots show the game running in full-screen mode. The last shows it running after I changed it to run in windowed mode. I messed up cutting out the rest of the screenshot in the last one, but if you want to use the screenshot all you have to do is move it up a bit to push out the underlying title bar.

The game itself starts up fine. There aren't any issues with the in-game graphics. Even the text came up okay. However, when I press the directional arrows to move the character, he keeps walking in that direction even after I've quit pressing the button. Also, running the game in full-screen caused the mouse cursor to disappear. I believe this to be an issue with ReactOS Explorer not properly running the game in full-screen, since hiding the cursor when running full-screen games is normal practice.

I suspect some of these issues should be resolved when ReactOS gets the new explorer. I'll have to test it with explorer_new or whatever it's called when 0.4.0 comes out.
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

RaptorEmperor wrote:However, when I press the directional arrows to move the character, he keeps walking in that direction even after I've quit pressing the button.
I had the same issue with an SDL game I programmed myself in an earlier ReactOS trunk build. It is worth noting that I created another game using Win32 at around the same time and keyboard input seemed to work fine with that. I'm guessing that this is a DirectInput problem, as SDL uses DirectInput for keyboard input on Windows platforms.

I might do a few more experiments with Win32-versus-DirectInput using a trunk build at some point to see if I'm right.
deniseweird

Post by deniseweird »

This seems to be a common problem. Gens GS, BoycottAdvance, and also Snes9x if I remember correctly, have this keyboard problem. I don't know the cause of it though. It could be DirectInput like you said.
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

deniseweird wrote:This seems to be a common problem. Gens GS, BoycottAdvance, and also Snes9x if I remember correctly, have this keyboard problem. I don't know the cause of it though. It could be DirectInput like you said.
Yeah, DirectInput is the cause, it isn't working right...