PCI-CARDBUS bridge

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

cuttysark

PCI-CARDBUS bridge

Post by cuttysark »

Does anyone know how can i find this driver and install it on a ROS 0.3.9 Real Hardware installation?
Does anyone knows how to install a PCMCIA card on react OS?
Thanks
GoBusto

Re: PCI-CARDBUS bridge

Post by GoBusto »

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6835
cuttysark wrote:Hi,
I've succesfully instaled the audio driver using the original Toshiba sound driver, so, no more Multimedia Audio Device hardware prompts, though obviously without sound.
I have a "new hardware" prompt that i can´t solve, "PCI-CARDBUS BRIDGE". Does anybody knows how to get this drive? Any workaround?
Is there any PCMCIA drive i can install?
Is it possible to get it from Windows XP CD or Installation?
Thanks
Please don't post the same thing multiple times.
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

I doubt it's deliberate. He's merely forking the thread.
cuttysark

Post by cuttysark »

Sorry for the double post, but I believe Support is right place!
Any ideas for my needs?
Thanks
cuttysark

Post by cuttysark »

Well... I don't understand all the fuss about the double posting, since the forum has no activity at all...
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

It makes God kill a kitten each time you doublepost, so please adhere to rules and dont do that.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Forum has no activity at all? If that were the case, I wouldn't have needed to delegate moderator duties to other people.
cuttysark

Post by cuttysark »

It's great to know that i'm wrong and the forum is healthy.
Any suggestion to solve my "PCI-CARDBUS" bridge issue besides virtual installations?
Do you think a small Linux distro, such as Pupppy, would help me to get the hardware information needed to find a suitable driver?
Or ROS won't accept the "PCI-CARDBUS" anyway?
Thanks
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Try to find a driver and install it in ReactOS. If it will not work, file a bug report; get a debug log through a serial port and attach the log there.
cuttysark

Post by cuttysark »

Can I transfer files through null-modem cable between Windows host and a ROS machine?
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

with the appropriate file-transfer software which actually works on ReactOS, yes.
cuttysark

Post by cuttysark »

Do you know any software that could help me connect the Windows XP machine with the ROS machine? I'm googling... If i Succeed, I believe it will be a great help for real hardware testers, and I'll create an How To.
I would be able to transfer drivers or apps for instance, increasing the tests quantity.
Does ROS have any built-in Null Modem capability?
Thanks for all the help
EDIT*
Well, I didn't succeed with the null modem connection. Don't have enough skills to get it working.

As an suggestion, ROS should have a Serial connection client built-in with files and debugs transfers capability. This client should be able to communicate with LINUX and Windows based machines, with minor tunning.

This solution would give ROS real hardware installations a really big boost on connectivity, usability and apps testing... At least, until NIC's get a better support...

Please feel free to suggest any solution you have found
BR
Cuttysark
cuttysark

Post by cuttysark »

Can anyone help?
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

what's wrong with burning CDs?
cuttysark

Post by cuttysark »

Lone_Rifle wrote:what's wrong with burning CDs?
There's nothing wrong with burning CD's If you consider there's no need for internet/server connection because you have CD's....

With a null modem client you could get files from a server and even get a slow internet connection on real hardware (with a COM or LPT port).

You can set the ROS up as a client, the other machine as a server, and use IP masquerading to connect to the internet through the null modem cable.

i know that it's possible, but unfortunately, I'm just a regular computer user, such as 99 per cent of the people out there and I can't get the null modem software working (over 30 programs i've downloaded) in ROS. Moreover, I don't have programming skills.