Setup hangs

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

JanHofer

Setup hangs

Post by JanHofer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:19 am

Hi out there,

I tried to install 0.3.7 (German language, German Keyboard lay out) on VMWare Workstation 6.5. I created VMWare virtual Machine for Windows XP. Setup hung while installing graphic drivers. I see 2 Windows: ReactOS Setup Windows, showing a progress indicater and the text: "Registriere Komponenten" (registering components). The second one is just the frame and it's title bar, body is transparent, so I can see the window behind, and a next button. It's title is: "Grafiktreiber installation" (installing graphic driver). There is no action if I click next. Status since 15 Minutes.

Same result after rebooting.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Jan from Austria

shadow_tj

Re: Setup hangs

Post by shadow_tj » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:52 am

Im also having trouble with installation.

I can not install hdd controller drivers before installation, and first thing that the installation tells me that he can not find anny hdd`s connected.
These are connected to a Pcie adeptec sata controller.

On my vista installation i set the gpu to vga 640*480, installation works, see the logo then get black screen. and nothing happens after it.

Next pc, installation starts.. can see some text running on the left bottom, then when probably the gpu adapter needds to be selected ... or what is the first screen. i get a black screen.

Hope to get desktop running in next release

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:02 am

JanHofer wrote:Hi out there,

I tried to install 0.3.7 (German language, German Keyboard lay out) on VMWare Workstation 6.5. I created VMWare virtual Machine for Windows XP. Setup hung while installing graphic drivers. I see 2 Windows: ReactOS Setup Windows, showing a progress indicater and the text: "Registriere Komponenten" (registering components). The second one is just the frame and it's title bar, body is transparent, so I can see the window behind, and a next button. It's title is: "Grafiktreiber installation" (installing graphic driver). There is no action if I click next. Status since 15 Minutes.

Same result after rebooting.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Jan from Austria

Hi JAN that´s is a VMWare-ReactOS bug. Just close the machine and re-launch again...then it could happen again or pass that point.
This is related with "Install Vmware Tools".
As i said just close and replay...
You had bad luck ;)...make a few tries,if it still not working...then delete the machine and create a new one...but should be fixed just relaunching again...

PS: I have said that u need to relaunch again the VM? ;)

Vicmarcal from Spain ;)

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:04 am

shadow_tj wrote:Im also having trouble with installation.

I can not install hdd controller drivers before installation, and first thing that the installation tells me that he can not find anny hdd`s connected.
These are connected to a Pcie adeptec sata controller.

On my vista installation i set the gpu to vga 640*480, installation works, see the logo then get black screen. and nothing happens after it.

Next pc, installation starts.. can see some text running on the left bottom, then when probably the gpu adapter needds to be selected ... or what is the first screen. i get a black screen.

Hope to get desktop running in next release
I´m supposing you are installing in Real Hardware?
Your problem is different that Jan problem.
He is talking about a Virtual Machine,u (AFAIK) about RH.

Just saying Reactos isnt SATA compatible (in Real Hardware)yet will give u a clue about what is happening ;)

shadow_tj

Post by shadow_tj » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:19 am

the midle problems is a virtual machine on vista, the other tests are made on real hardware with install iso cd.
Thanks for the fast reply.

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:16 am

We are here to help people ;)
Blank screen can also be a vga problem...but as i said...reactos doesnt have SATA support yet..so..without a HDD should be really complicate install anything ;)..maybe you can try our Live CD. LiveCD doesnt need any HDD,so it shouldnt give any SATA problems... ;)...