Minimize All Windows

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kevinski

Minimize All Windows

Post by kevinski »

I was just messing around with ReactOS inside of QEMU, and I noticed that the Show Desktop button that I'm used to using in Windows is called Minimize All Windows in ReactOS. Functionally, what does this button do? Reason being, I'm just wanting to be sure that everyone here understands that the Show Desktop button doesn't merely minimize all open windows; the desktop, itself, is a window. In ReactOS, is the desktop handled in the same manner? The reason that I ask is because I wonder if this could potentially cause any compatibility issues if it isn't handled in the exact same manner as in Windows.
[ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]
GoBusto

Re: Minimize All Windows

Post by GoBusto »

kevinski wrote:I was just messing around with ReactOS inside of QEMU, and I noticed that the Show Desktop button that I'm used to using in Windows is called Minimize All Windows in ReactOS. Functionally, what does this button do? Reason being, I'm just wanting to be sure that everyone here understands that the Show Desktop button doesn't merely minimize all open windows; the desktop, itself, is a window. In ReactOS, is the desktop handled in the same manner? The reason that I ask is because I wonder if this could potentially cause any compatibility issues if it isn't handled in the exact same manner as in Windows.
You're better off asking the dev team directly than posting here, since the forum is essentially a hangout for ReactOS users and fans rather than actual code-contributing developers. Technical queries about ReactOS should probably be asked on the IRC channel.

Alternatively, you could go and have a gander at the code yourself.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Show desktop and Minimize all windows are two separate things in Windows. The first one is made using Win+D and the second one using Win+M. There usually aren't any visible differences.
billyswong

Post by billyswong »

Black_Fox wrote:Show desktop and Minimize all windows are two separate things in Windows. The first one is made using Win+D and the second one using Win+M. There usually aren't any visible differences.
Their difference is: one hide dialogs and the other one won't. Press Win+R first, try both and you will see.