USB Mice

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

disks86

USB Mice

Post by disks86 »

I know that react os is still in a beta/alpha like state but could you add support for generic usb mice I downloaded the live cd so I could see how it was comming but it didn't detect my logitech usb mouse also on a side note could you make the windows key open the start menu like windows also control alt delete should open the task manager the first time and the second time if the manager is open do a soft power down
Talk is cheap. Show me the code. - Linus Torvalds
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

The usb are under devloping by Alesky and Tempel
Aleasky are working on the usb mouse and keyboard support.

When it is complete or when it will be in reactos are hard to say.
it is huges work to add the usb support it is not a simple task todo.
counting_pine

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by counting_pine »

disks86 wrote:could you make the windows key open the start menu like windows also control alt delete should open the task manager the first time and the second time if the manager is open do a soft power down
I think it would be good to have support for the Windows key. There are various other functions that it's used for, like Win-D (Desktop) or Win-E (Explorer).

Ctrl-Alt-Delete should bring up the task manager, or maybe an equivalent to the "Windows NT Security" box that NT4 uses, which gives you, among other things, options to open the task manager, or to log off or shutdown without clicking through menus.

I don't think pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice should shut down the system, though, it's not the sort of thing I want to do accidentally. Personally, in Windows, I'm happy with the current keyboard shortcut: Win,U,Enter (Win,U,U for XP).

ATX computers also have a power button that does the job (if/when ReactOS supports it)
Gasmann

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by Gasmann »

counting_pine wrote:I don't think pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice should shut down the system, though, it's not the sort of thing I want to do accidentally.
I agree, it would be VERY bad IMHO. If you have ever used Win9x for a while you hate it :x
niteice

Post by niteice »

But if you're using Win9x and have to hit ctrl-alt-del twice then the system has probably crashed to the point where that won't make a difference.
Calitar

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by Calitar »

gasmann wrote:
counting_pine wrote:I don't think pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice should shut down the system, though, it's not the sort of thing I want to do accidentally.
I agree, it would be VERY bad IMHO. If you have ever used Win9x for a while you hate it :x
Funny, I have used Win9x since 1995 and I have not once hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice when I did not want to restart. I can understand the need for a better system though. Like Ctrl-Alt-Delete for task manager and Ctrl-Alt-End for shutdown. Hell, Ctrl-Alt-End even makes sense. Does Windows use Ctrl-Alt-End for anything?
Stead

Post by Stead »

when i used to use win98, all those years ago...i acctually used to reset it quite a lot by accident as in college at the time they used NT and i was used to bringing up teh task manager, either that, or i was too impatient and pressed it twice thinking i presse it wrong the first time, i never liked how they implimented that, and it was to easy to hide programs on it for my liking