kevintrooper

Re: Vista Design possibly

Post by kevintrooper »

I have Ideas... here
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

kevintrooper wrote:I have Ideas... here
Man, I had to go to Wikipedia to find out what CustomEyes was, it doesn't have its own article, and it's not within the first two pages of google search with the term CustomEyes (or even CustomEyes Theme)

http://dabder.free.fr/CE/

Make sure to link next time. Plus, last news update for it was in 2001.

Post by avatarpatch »

Does it work though with ReactOS? I see that it is open source.
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

avatarpatch wrote:Does it work though with ReactOS? I see that it is open source.
I haven't tested because ReactOS doesn't work on Real hardware, and even if it did, I'd transfer using USB methods (all of my devices, including floppy drive are USB) ReactOS has no USB Support, so I can't test it.
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

No it doenst work.
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

neither does TrueTransparency ( in case your wondering )
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

Does the UXTheme patcher from WindowsXLive.net work? Or does ROS not boast a UXtheme.dll? Or better yet, does ROS already have a patched UXtheme? If it does, it should be possible to apply user-made themes that are msstyle or .theme compatible.
dreams

Post by dreams »

ReactOS does have Wine's Uxtheme.dll, but it does not do it's job yet. Probably a lot of other stuff in ReactOS that needs to be implemented first.
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

dreams wrote:ReactOS does have Wine's Uxtheme.dll, but it does not do it's job yet. Probably a lot of other stuff in ReactOS that needs to be implemented first.
I don't think Wine's UXTheme DLL counts as a valid implementation of a real UXTheme (patched), so I'm assuming no on the patcher.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Hi, I think I have a solution.
YES to 2000 look. I would use that, but:
I think all we need is standard win 2000 themes (changing window colour and text colour).
But maybe, just maybe, we could have an option to use a custom bitmap as a background for the task bar, use a custom bitmap for the start button, for the systray and so on, and window frame, title bar and X _. That way, we could do it in a way that looks fancy, but not use as much memory.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Iyeru wrote:
kevintrooper wrote:I have Ideas... here
Man, I had to go to Wikipedia to find out what CustomEyes was, it doesn't have its own article, and it's not within the first two pages of google search with the term CustomEyes (or even CustomEyes Theme)

http://dabder.free.fr/CE/

Make sure to link next time. Plus, last news update for it was in 2001.
I used to have a trial version of some software EXACTLY like that, when I used to use Win 98. Now I wish I knew about CustomEyes! Thankyou!
keithics

Post by keithics »

I am testing react OS for a main purpose. I would like to create a better GUI for this one. But vista theme is not my option, I would rather create my own which is I think better.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

keithics wrote:I am testing react OS for a main purpose. I would like to create a better GUI for this one. But vista theme is not my option, I would rather create my own which is I think better.
Go ahead, but be warned: the reactos devs want reactos to be almost identical user interface to windows - so dont try getting it into reactos, make it a third party shell.
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

keithics wrote:I am testing react OS for a main purpose. I would like to create a better GUI for this one. But vista theme is not my option, I would rather create my own which is I think better.
Just so you know, there are plenty of third-party shells already available for use, most of them should work with ReactOS once it becomes Beta. An example of such would be SharpEnviro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_shell_replacement
The123king

Post by The123king »

dreams wrote:ReactOS does have Wine's Uxtheme.dll, but it does not do it's job yet. Probably a lot of other stuff in ReactOS that needs to be implemented first.
That's a sort-of lie. By using a modified version of winecfg on ReactOS, one user got a certain amount of theme support (no title bar theming or explorer.exe theming). Most if not all of that is likely to be due to Wine's theme implemetation...

EDIT:
[ external image ]