Reacty Design

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

kevintrooper

Re: Reacty Design

Post by kevintrooper »

I like it :D, simple and could be easly transformed.
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

Z98 wrote:There will be no voting of mascots. None of the developers want one, and Aleksey, the project coordinator, also doesn't want one.
Shouldn't this be closed then? :?
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

Iyeru wrote:
Z98 wrote:There will be no voting of mascots. None of the developers want one, and Aleksey, the project coordinator, also doesn't want one.
Shouldn't this be closed then? :?

What? thats it? that will be the mascot? COOL!
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

No. There will be NO mascot.
Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

This thread doesn't hurt no?

I do not believe that this obstructs the development of ROS and listen to the community is not bad either.
If you put yourself tired by only this...I don't know what you will do when ROS is stable and this site grows ^^U

I always thought that free software not only was it in code, but also in ideas.

Pardon if I have bothered you.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

You are perfectly free to share ideas, but some people need to realize that just because we haven't explicitly shot it down doesn't mean we condone it. The "community" may make a "decision", but that ultimately comes to nothing if none of the developers or other ROS team members approve of it.
Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

We do not take decisions, we are doing suggestions. ^^U

And I would not put community between quotation marks, since without users, who try and help to improve it, a program will not end in anything ^^U

Your way of speaking resembles me the case of pidgin and the recent creation of his fork, and everything only for not wanting to listen to the users. The case is not this, but they cannot be despised this way.
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

Shawhifox wrote:Your way of speaking resembles me the case of pidgin and the recent creation of his fork, and everything only for not wanting to listen to the users. The case is not this, but they cannot be despised this way.
This is something that doesn't really affect the code though, and therefore can be pushed away by the developers. On the other hand, what Pidgin did, did effect the code and how the program reacts.

Technically, ReactOS doesn't even need a logo. =/ Nor does any program for that matter. names are quite enough to differentiate between things.
Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

It was for fun, like I said.

If I have continued in the topic is for the way of saying no "we are not interested in what they speak, let's close it?" in our faces. When I saw the topic of pidgin I did not see that it was only for the code, what I saw was a few developers who directly were denying the word to the user, without any reason, for being those who were writing the code. And as the users decided to follow his way, in the end they rectified, although too late.

On my part I leave this topic, I only wanted to say this ^^
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Z98 wrote:You are perfectly free to share ideas, but some people need to realize that just because we haven't explicitly shot it down doesn't mean we condone it. The "community" may make a "decision", but that ultimately comes to nothing if none of the developers or other ROS team members approve of it.
Please don't go the Pidgin route...

FlyingIsFun1217 :)
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

Shawhifox wrote:Your way of speaking resembles me the case of pidgin and the recent creation of his fork, and everything only for not wanting to listen to the users. The case is not this, but they cannot be despised this way.
Speaking as one of those users, with no affiliation with any members of the dev team, I agree with Z98. My personal opinion is that ReactOS does not need an official mascot.

Note the word "official" here - there's nothing to stop a bunch of you guys getting together and creating something unofficial, in the same manner as the OS-tans. Just make sure that, if you just HAVE to create a mascot, you make it very clear that it is an unofficial, fan-created work with no relation to the dev team. This way, you get the satisfaction of having an anthropomorphic atom who has a series of wacky adventures involving the evil aliens of planet Viz-Tarr and the dev team get the satisfaction of knowing that it has nothing to do with them.
Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

getting together and creating something unofficial
At least I never have denied that, I already knew it when I did this pic ^^
This way, you get the satisfaction of having an anthropomorphic atom who has a series of wacky adventures involving the evil aliens of planet Viz-Tarr
Sarcasm no, thank you.

I really hope that not all the people who takes part in ROS should be like that, sincerely. That you take seriously the work it does not mean to lose also the mood. I hope that it should be an outlying case and should change in the future.

Bye!
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

Shawhifox wrote:Sarcasm no, thank you.
It wasn't sarcasm, it was a joke.

If you have a character, such as Reacty, surely he has to do something, right?

Anyway, no offense meant.
Shawhifox

Post by Shawhifox »

Ok pardon, without emoticon thought that it was going seriously :P

My idea was to use it for mascot of a future web, with forums to help users of ROS or something like that :D
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

Shawhifox wrote:My idea was to use it for mascot of a future web, with forums to help users of ROS or something like that :D
See, I'd personally just use the atom logo or these dandy "REACTOS USER" signature image thingies rather than a mascot of some kind.

I'm also kind of worried that Reacty would end up being the ReactOS version of Microsoft's "Clippy" character.