slowdown on commit messages at CIA

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

elhoir
Test Team

slowdown on commit messages at CIA

Post by elhoir »

First, i dont want to be unkind for posting it, it is just a question....

Until 0.3.4 release, there were about 30-45 commit messages per day. After that, those mesages hardly get 15... why? i suppose devs are busy with something else, i just wanted to know what is going on :)
linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

People submitting final fixes and a greater commitment to contribute prior to a release. I tend to do the same when ever i release something for a project. A break is always good for you
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Its not a break, at least nothing officialy. Its just because it takes time to code a commit, there is a research time needed as well. On other times commits may just accumulate with several devs happening to be synking their Working Copies of ROS to trunk. The real pace is on average.
linuxgx

Post by linuxgx »

Haos yet another wonderful job at misinterpreting my use of language, and then responding with your wonderful rederaic. I will have to take better care to make sure my text be more in tune with your style of understanding.

In any case I meant the fact that after any feeling of accomplishment there is commonly a short pause taken on a personal level by most coders, do not worry the flow will continue at a steady speed with time.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

linuxgx wrote:In any case I meant the fact that after any feeling of accomplishment there is commonly a short pause taken on a personal level by most coders
It's nothing to do with that. In fact, a feeling of acomplishment normally increases commits here as people become more motivated.
It's just that people have other things to do at the moment.
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

We're now closer to a release (0.3.5, scheduled for April), so it is to be expected that adding new features has decreased and developers are focusing on bugfixing which result in less commits.

And maybe the style of the developers have changed that they commit more at once. Less commits isn't necessarily worse :)
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

this time year we always have few commits, nomral under summer and winter times the commits incress and we devs often have more time for coding. at this time on the company I am working at we have to much todo, but under summer it easy up bit. we starting getting less todo until next time everyone start plan their semsters.
z180

Post by z180 »

2005 was a very constructive year for the developers.Near the end
of the year they released the famous 0.2.9.In 0.2.7 they dropped
the use of KDE Icons in shell32.dll.In one of the 2005 builds they
removed the capitalisation of system file names.I looked on the
CIA after their website redesign(looked much simpler before)
an noticed much activity and somedays reactos in the CIA
main page at the list of the busiest CIA observed projects
They made a commits statistic for 2005.
If you want to see the progress test 0.2.4 and 0.2.9 in an emulator.
In 2006 not so much work was done.