Virtual Gameboy Works On Reactos 0.3.4 - YAY!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ex-Cyber

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Is this about the "Nintendo logo" that is required in order to boot on a GB/GBA/NDS, or something else?
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

If such a requirement existed, it would fall under fair use, depending on the licensing restrictions on a GB/A/DS. If the licensing was really restrictive, then who knows.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

see gina sister it was base on super mario bros
and they did lost in curt.
cppm

Post by cppm »

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote: I'm not exactly studying law, but isn't that a little bit extreme?
mmm, I prefer... cautious, prudent even.

Put links to whatever site you want on your homepage, but i'm afraid this is ROS's place, and it's a place of value to a lot of people, hopefully you can understand.

Sorry for the harshness.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

A few older games have been released as freely distributable software from their publishers. I'm pretty certain that the GBC release of Daikatana was made a free download by John Romero on his website. (Took me a bit to remember which game...) I won't post a link on here because of the admins might get nervous, but there was a link to his website on Wikipedia when I just checked.

Ultimately, the admins probably know more here than I do, but as far as I know something released freely by the developer shouldn't be cause for concern.

...Anybody got Aleph One running on ReactOS? I haven't tried getting it to run in a while.
inclusivedisjunction

Post by inclusivedisjunction »

.aart3k wrote:there are screenshots of copyrighted materials on wikipedia - put there for "illustrational purporses". analogy here?
Right. I think it falls under "fair use." A commercial game is almost always more recognizable than some homebrew game called "Super Dildo Marathon." Playing the commercial ROM shows that it is a working emulator.

Besides, YouTube is fairly strict when it comes to copyrighted material. Videos of people using emulators has never been a problem for them.