demo reactos logos

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Viator

Post by Viator »

Heres some more these are just to give ppl ideas they arent going to be used and they arent very good quality thanks for the feedback i look at those now and i see what you are saying... i think we should use the osmium atomic symbol os its is written like
[ external image ]
The image below is a schematic representation of the shell structure of osmium - not what the atom of osmium "looks like"
(maybe useful to someone?) lol
[ external image ]
[ external image ] (a little more than windows under the hood) ( can barely be held back?)

[ external image ] minimalist

[ external image ] (lol @ this one tennis ball?)
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

Hay guys, look familiar?

[ external image ]
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

mf wrote:Hay guys, look familiar?

[Image]
I like it. :wink:

Good work.

Maybe Steve Cockeram can send us the original logo and the wallpaper in a bigger resolution ...
Delfi

Post by Delfi »

mf wrote:Hay guys, look familiar?

[ external image ]

nice one, i'll rather try some cursors and icons..
Viator

Post by Viator »

I love it! It actually looks like a piece of osmium form what ive seen in pictures bluish /grey metallic..... There are some icons on the site that came from did you create those as well? i like the recycle bin with the bannana peel hanging over the edge lol . [ external image ]
uniQ

Post by uniQ »

viator: OK someone likes chemistry. The ONLY problem I have is that "OS" is an acronym so it should probably be spelled "OS" and not "Os". However I'd be slightly willing to bend a point since I like chemistry too.

mf: NiCE! Good to see you back in the artworks. You were always best in there.

-uniQ
Coming on, coming up, let me help ROS and I'll be able to look @ a life well used.
cuppm

Post by cuppm »

What about adding a light Red, Green, Yellow, Blue shading to the area inside the 4 quadrants of the "electron paths" around it.
mf
Developer

Post by mf »

cuppm wrote:What about adding a light Red, Green, Yellow, Blue shading to the area inside the 4 quadrants of the "electron paths" around it.
Because I don't like to imitate the Windows logo like Delfi and Viator do. Also, this is the official logo on Reactos.com and it's not open to modifications :). The ReactOS color scheme is blue/gray/teal as you can see on basically every official graphic made, why would we need to steal Microsoft's colors when we have our own? Agreed, the colors could use some more vivity, but that's simply a case of using less teal and more blue. The forum color scheme here is quite the example of how NOT to do it, btw ;).
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

I found out the original font name of the official logo: AvantGarde Bk BT

I add the "ReactOS" text to mf's logo-remix/remastered version.

[ external image ]
or download a larger version (1200x686):
http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/mediadeta ... os&mdnr=93

I also edit the official ReactOS wallpaper (with new text):
[ external image ]
download the larger version (1024x768):
http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/mediadeta ... lp&mdnr=92
Delfi

Post by Delfi »

mf wrote:
cuppm wrote:What about adding a light Red, Green, Yellow, Blue shading to the area inside the 4 quadrants of the "electron paths" around it.
Because I don't like to imitate the Windows logo like Delfi and Viator do. Also, this is the official logo on Reactos.com and it's not open to modifications :). The ReactOS color scheme is blue/gray/teal as you can see on basically every official graphic made, why would we need to steal Microsoft's colors when we have our own? Agreed, the colors could use some more vivity, but that's simply a case of using less teal and more blue. The forum color scheme here is quite the example of how NOT to do it, btw ;).

i agree with it all, the problem was that you were absent for some time and
i was just testing some things ;)

i like the logo more than mine TBH..
niteice

Post by niteice »

viator wrote:[ external image ] (a little more than windows under the hood) ( can barely be held back?)
Nice! Can we see it without JPEG compression?
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

I think the double ring is too much. A single ring with opposing electrons is more aesthetic to the eye. Those rings are definitely improportionate and unsightly. I don't mean to be a jerk but the logo and the three base colors chosen for ROS are awful. It reminds me of the terrible base colors found with beta Windows 95.
Go Huskers!
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

what is wrong with the currently ReactOS logo? It is good, a lot of these here look like crayon drawings.
Delfi

Post by Delfi »

Phalanx wrote:what is wrong with the currently ReactOS logo? It is good, a lot of these here look like crayon drawings.

indeed, and the double electron trails makes it look really professional :)
chris319

Post by chris319 »

Phalanx wrote:What is wrong with the currently ReactOS logo? It is good; a lot of these here look like crayon drawings.
I have to agree with this sentiment.

A logo should look good in all scales large and small, and in black and white. If you get carried away with fancy colors, textures and too many elements it won't be serciveable in other modes. In addition, if you have text it needs to be prominent, not shrunken down and contained as you have it.

Here is an idea for a modification of the existing logo: take the current globe-and-rings and make it the "O" in ReactOS.