Of course, but asking a 3rd party software devs to test their works under ROS is a suggestion, IMHO.Haos wrote:Mails with other topics in scope, again will be unsolicited and considered as SPAM. Is that clear now?
I believe it's too early for this... maybe when we reach the "everyday use" stage.Haos wrote:Also, we really could use a "Inform friend about ReactOS" button on our website.
At the moment I suggest to add a simple "invite-a-developer" PHP script to the ROS CMS.
Here are some "inspiration" links:
- PHP Tell A Friend
(commercial)With this PHP Tell A Friend Script you are able to let visitors recommend your website. Both HTML layout and e-mail layout are template driven and customizable. This script also includes several security features to prevent abuse by spammers.
The script can only be called from a site that has been added to a white list of referring sites. Additionally you can put one or more fix recipients to the mail template without possibilities of manipulation by a third party. And third you can determine the number of e-mails that a user can send with your form within a fix duration.
- Free tell-a-friend script - version 2.1
(free)- Lightweight script
- Basic form validation rules
- Easy to configure, there's only two parts - the PHP script itself and the form
- Allows a visitor to send a recommendation to 3 friends
- Personalized subject line
- Notifies you when someone has submitted the recommendation form
- Sends the URL of the current page in the recommendation email
- Sends URL of the page recommended in a notification to you
- CJ SendPage
(GPL)This script is very customisable, however you do need a good knowledge of HTML and PHP to include it within your web pages but don't worry if you haven't because it comes with very easy configuration using a stylesheet!
- Maian Friend
(Creative Commons)- Easy to use 'Tell a Friend' script for your website.
- Lets your visitors send up to 6 recommendations by default. More can be added by editing the template file.
- Removes duplicate e-mail addresses.
- Default message gets sent if no comments are entered.
- Optional 'Thank You' message to visitor.
- Optional report sent to webmaster.
- Captcha code for spam prevention (Optional).
- E-mail templates.
- Uses savant template engine.
Of course, just registered users should use it...