When will it ever be stable?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

soresu

Post by soresu »

Because of this, time spent advicating another environment should be spent improving/bugtesting the incomplete NT code?
Xylber

Post by Xylber »

soresu wrote:Because of this, time spent advicating another environment should be spent improving/bugtesting the incomplete NT code?
Like you said, I think there si no reason to make another environment if you have right now a NT like one which works.
My idea is If some day there is a ReactOS compatible software it must works under the environment ROS has now, a side effect will be this software maybe works on Windows too.
But now I dont believe somebody will do a ROS compatible app, but a temporally "port" from Windows to ROS is possible while ROS team reach a better level of compatibility with Windows.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Nope, it doesnt work like that.
What do you mean by porting Windows apps to ROS? How would you define such process? Should for example, Firefox team, remove several API from their browser, API which we do not yet support, to make it "ROS compatible"? This would mean rewriting their browser to make up for those APIs. This would also mean that they need to be in touch with our progress to add again those API when we implement them...

Sorry, this doesnt work that way. ReactOS is not a new system, for which apps need to be ported. This is the same thing as why there is no "Works with WINE" logo.

Simply, its up to ReactOS and up to WINE to develop their product in a way it would allow it running windows apps.

In fact, it is their final goal, their raison d`etre and NOT the way around, as you try to propose.