My Backgrounds for ROS <3

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

anthrax11

Post by anthrax11 »

I can make larger versions too if you like, except maybe the fourth depending on whether kevintrooper can supply a larger image.

edit: Oops, didn´t notice the download button on that page, so yeah, I can make larger versions..
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

i love wat u did with my bridge pic!
anthrax11

Post by anthrax11 »

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I made another version with higher quality and size, enjoy!
[ external image ]
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

i got pictures coming! already took em! just need to put them on the pc!
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

[ external image ]
My pictures

Check out these ones! anthrax11 anything to reactonize? :lol:
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

Mt. rainier national park.jpg and MT_rainier_like_on_winXP.jpg seem like the only two I can really see as being desktops.

You know, desktops should usually contain large amounts of smooth (not full of little details or contrasting color) areas, and nice computer graphics (like the ones on Mac OS X or Vista) (non-photographs) are usually better.

I could draw up such wallpapers. I also do professional photography (see http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/gall ... rID=133608), and if there are any pictures that the dev team would really like to use, they can, on condition that I am given credit for the image in at least a semi-prominent location. (I don't want to make a high-quality version of one of my photos freely downloadable unless I at least get some publicity for it.)
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

kevintrooper wrote:[ external image ]
My pictures

Check out these ones! anthrax11 anything to reactonize? :lol:

dont u like mowich lake? thats been allot of peoples fav!
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

I'm sorry, but as a professional photographer and computer user, I must say that the lake picture is unsuitable. The dynamic range is so small, resulting in the entire sky (and upper mountains) being blown out, so it is neither pleasing to the eye nor suitable for a background. The contrast is also too low at the top of the picture. It's a nice scene, and the composition/location is also nice, but I'm sorry, it just doesn't meet the standards in my book. For comparison and example, my photograph of a mountainside http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/big. ... ID=2263668 clearly shows blue in the sky and has proper contrast in the trees (though the saturation in my shot might be a little high).
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I may sound like a primitive, but still, for me anyways, it`s nothing like a plain blue screen without any pics:) Also the fastest solution:)
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

artguy10 wrote:I'm sorry, but as a professional photographer and computer user, I must say that the lake picture is unsuitable. The dynamic range is so small, resulting in the entire sky (and upper mountains) being blown out, so it is neither pleasing to the eye nor suitable for a background. The contrast is also too low at the top of the picture. It's a nice scene, and the composition/location is also nice, but I'm sorry, it just doesn't meet the standards in my book. For comparison and example, my photograph of a mountainside http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/big. ... ID=2263668 clearly shows blue in the sky and has proper contrast in the trees (though the saturation in my shot might be a little high).

i no the pic! thats not the original! i done scaled it

ps': i might get a better mt rainier pic!
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

I know that it is scaled down, but it is still not good enough. (Actually, there were some pictures like the sky or forest which may also be okay.)
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

@haos: Yes, old, good, plain, blue screen saying that "A problem has been detected..."
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

No i mean the downscale sucks! im gonna get a very sunny pic of mt rainier!

check it out! im not giving it out yet!

[ external image ]
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

Nice, but the buildings in the background and wire fences, imo, take away from the shot.
artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

:idea: Hey, there are plenty of free, high quality images on Wikipedia (and the Commons) which ROS could use for wallpapers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... d_pictures