ReactOS 0.3.3 Release Candidate 1 Released

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

ReactOS 0.3.3 Release Candidate 1 Released

Post by Z98 »

The first 0.3.3 release candidate has just been uploaded. Go to the download page here: http://www.reactos.org/en/download.html to get it. The booklet and case design will be updated by the time 0.3.3 is formally released. Also, the LiveCD was built on Windows so it shouldn't have that issue some of you Linux builders keep running into. Anyways, have fun, enjoy, and bug us if you find bugs.
Hunkadoodledoo

Post by Hunkadoodledoo »

Thanks, Z98! Will check it out ASAP!
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Wow... I looked a while back (a few hours) ago, came back because I was going to get the 0.3.1 release for my flash drive, and next thing I know, there's a RC :D

Can't wait!
FlyingIsFun1217
Cool Dude 2k

Post by Cool Dude 2k »

Awesome
I've just tested out live and install cds
The only bug I've found is when I tried to make a FreeLoader floppy disk it would not work.
It said there was no floppy disk when I did have one in.
(I also tried many floppy disks and they also did not work)
But anyways keep up the good work. :)
unxed

Post by unxed »

FAR (http://www.farmanager.com/) hangs on VMWare build.
Guennie1568

Post by Guennie1568 »

THX for this RC, Z98

First I had tried to install on real hardware (with 8GB IDE disk) but after install the basic components and reboot, the computer cannot find an operating system.

2nd I installed on a VM and I finished the installation. But I have found one error in the keyboard driver: If I press the slash key on the numpad it shows me the minus symbol.
And an other problemn is, that the system hangs up in a view minutes. I think, that's the same problem we told here a view weeks ago.
I think, I will try now the QEMU image. Perhaps it will run better (or not) :)

An other question: Why can I surf only when I move my mouse? If I click on a link in a web site, it go not to this site till I move my mouse. Only when I move it the browser follows the link.

Edit:| In the QEMU image I can boot, but when I try to download and install the Mozilla Activex controll it hangs up and I must close and reboot it
Guennie1568
ROS-Fan und X2Pandora Audioeditor
BOT_ev

Post by BOT_ev »

An other question: Why can I surf only when I move my mouse? If I click on a link in a web site, it go not to this site till I move my mouse. Only when I move it the browser follows the link.
Yup I have that problem too.
cruzades

Post by cruzades »

this is cool!!

i've tried the 0.3.3 RC1 on my Sempron 2400, yeshhh, it booted up amazingly, though no much application to test with.
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

*Four months of fizzy drinks and sugar for late-night release watching explodes* ROS is just about out!!!!!!!!! FURRYFOX runs! YAY!!!
More ReactOS, please!
paradiselost

Post by paradiselost »

Hi and congratz : this release boots fine on my PC (Asrock Conroe + Intel Core 2 Duo) ! I have a problem with my Logitech's mouse (not recognized) ;)

Keep up the good work !!
cruzades

Post by cruzades »

oh, i forgot to congratulate all the people behind this project. ^^

kudos to all !

:)
cppm

Post by cppm »

I like the new boot up, I can now see that freeldr has some support for linux, excellent.

Not much seems to be different from the POV of the desktop (still crashes when I try to move icons, but the new explorer will be flying in soon anyway) Can see perhaps some changes to the control panel applets.

No Apps to test since there's no way to set the proxy server settings for the network here. Anyway - thanks all

PS: Building on windows is all very well, but any issues stopping RoS being built on the FOSS should be looked into
Baldomero

Post by Baldomero »

I am impressed with this release!

Everything works smoothly, also, menus and control panel is getting more and more useful.

Yes, I know these are only cosmetic changes, but those involve that the underlying systems are working better, and also, it does not crash so often.

I see near a ReactOS computer able to do basic surfing and music listening.

I am impressed, really.
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

Thank you so much!

I can see that it's getting better and better.

I've checked the LiveCD and it starts fine in my Pentium D, Geforce 6600.

Some issues:

- Is there a startup logo? I didn't see it. ReactOS starts with the desktop.
- ReactOS detected my other 2 HD's but only the primary partition of each one, not the logical ones that both HD have.
- After starting the screensaver (called matrix?) mouse arrow disappears.

Keep on the good work!
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

This release is awesome! P.S.: I am posting this from WITHIN ROS! The "only-browse-when-moving-mouse" bug is really annoying.
More ReactOS, please!