If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kons

Post by Kons »

Hi all, i'm new here, i've just discovered the existance of reactOs and wanna become developer.(I like a lot this project.)
I'm a (medium-skilled/medium-low-skilled) C scripter (gotta scripting for only 6 months), BUT i can learn quickly. :P

I'd like to develop into the Kernel - File system area..

How can i make request? (now i'll look in the site for this.)
And where can i find Documentation?

Nice to meet you guys :)
florian

Post by florian »

Welcome to ReactOS!

Unfortunately I am not a developer but probably you have already discovered our Wiki. There you should start reading a little bit.

Furthermore I recommend to use our ReactOS - IRC - Channel because not every developer is reading this forum - therefore your answers might be questioned within IRC faster and better.

And as far as I know Kernel as well as File system development is very difficult, isn't it?
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

Read FAQ, there is a claim about what FS programming really is.
Buf if you can use C as "hi level assembler" you can participate ;)

btw i code in c for about 1 year and i had nothing to show but my programmable metronome, which i deleted thinking i'll rewrite...
fs programming... whoooo :)
Kons

Post by Kons »

I got an "hello world" program, but i've...lost it.. yeah :|

i'm studing elettronical engeneering, so i know C as a base language.. Lists, Structs, Recorsive Functions, If, While,[...] and pointers; bases libraries like string.h stdio,stdlib.. Nothing that suppose an high level language :P (C++ or C#)

I could also translate into italian but i saw there are already 6 guys beyond it.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Hope onto IRC. That's where you'll find the other developers and interact with them.