ReactOS 0.3.2 Improvements

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

aicommander
Developer

ReactOS 0.3.2 Improvements

Post by aicommander »

I am curious about what will be changed in ReactOS 0.3.2. Thanks in advance for any information. :D
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Hmm. A more stable kernel, we might see the results of the DirectX work GreatLord's done, hmm, can't think of too much else. A lot of the work has been in the underlying system.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Bugs fixed, new introduced. :)
Radhad

Post by Radhad »

Z98 wrote:Hmm. A more stable kernel, we might see the results of the DirectX work GreatLord's done, hmm, can't think of too much else. A lot of the work has been in the underlying system.
What can we expect to see of the DirectX improvements? Some old DirectX games working on ReactOS? Or only DirectX demos?
Carlo Bramix

Post by Carlo Bramix »

I don't know what the true plans of the developers are, but I think that you should always keep in mind the ReactOS's roadmap.
There is a set of targets that should be reached for arriving to version 0.4.0.
The next upcoming version and all future ones (0.3.2, 0.3.3, 0.3.4, etc...) will include one or more of those features fully or partially implemented.
But if someone else will contribute freely with other fixes/features, I can't see a reason for not including them!

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

Stability and better compatibility.
There are many changes, unfortunately they're changes that aren't really evident on the surface.

Visual improvements are limited to things like, improved control panel applets.

notably, Firefox 2.0 should work instead of just 1.5 :)
mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

Radhad wrote:
Z98 wrote:Hmm. A more stable kernel, we might see the results of the DirectX work GreatLord's done, hmm, can't think of too much else. A lot of the work has been in the underlying system.
What can we expect to see of the DirectX improvements? Some old DirectX games working on ReactOS? Or only DirectX demos?
Just very simple test apps I believe.

Also, working is being done on hh(help handler.) This enables you to view the manuals/help pages for a program.

The mouse control panel applet will certainly be improved too.

If I have time to study the win32 API, I hope to implement tree and xcopy in cmd by the time .3.2 branches.

Watch the weekly newsletters for info on recently improved things.
Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Someday maybe set /p can be accepted into ReactOS. What is the problem with the cache manager? Isn't that just a system that copies HDD code into the RAM?
More ReactOS, please!
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

And when will 0.3.2 be released? It was supposed that there would be new releases every 2 months... Is it still the case?
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

It`s still almost two weeks before that deadline, so just pls wait and see.
Cristan

ReactOS 0.3.2

Post by Cristan »

Because 0.3.1 was released during a rewrite didn't it run on just about any real hardware. I guess this will be fixed with 0.3.2. I don't know about anything else.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

It`s still almost two weeks before that deadline, so just pls wait and see.
I suppose 0.3.2 will be branched in some weeks, then we will need to wait one or two months before the real release. :?
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

cmoibenlepro wrote:I suppose 0.3.2 will be branched in some weeks, then we will need to wait one or two months before the real release. :?
If You are impatient and want to see progress then try ISOs from http://svn.reactos.org/iso/ (.. no warranty ..)

Best regards,
Peter.
samwise52

Post by samwise52 »

keep looking at the latest commit logs: http://cia.vc/stats/project/ReactOS

keep reading the newsletters: http://www.reactos.org/en/newsletters.html

subscribe to ros-dev, ros-general and ros-bugs: http://www.reactos.org/en/community_mailinglists.html

the 0.3.2 changelog will be made available upon release: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/C ... ChangeLogs
Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free.. in need of your help ReactOS 0.4
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Ok I didn't see the newsletter, it's a great news. :D
But in the past, once the new version was branched, it took 2-3 months before the new version was released. I thought it would be the same.
I'm glad that I'm wrong. :D