If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)
Moderator: Moderator Team
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:56 pm
Why no ELITE?
for star raider get an opensource emulator and a dl link for the rom image
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:21 pm
- Location: Sweden
Well, the games bundled with Windows are great imo. Maybe not for a hardcore gamer, but they appeal to a lot of different people in different ages etc. And they are also such games you can play for a long time, or just play a few mins.
And there shouldn't be too many games bundled, just a few simple ones.
- Posts: 379
- Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:43 am
- Location: Australia
I think some of those still require original game files to run, and I think a lot of them may be a bit heavy to be included in an OS instal, although a type-R game would be good.
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:36 pm
- Location: Italy
Mrkaras wrote:type-R game would be good.
Xenon 2 clone would be better to me (note: have you checked this
?). BTW, T E C H N O - S Y L P H -vsys gaiden-
rockz and is completely free... it would be great to involve its author !
[ external image ]
Well, here's MY top 10 videogame list (in ramdom order):
1. Another World
2. Double Dragon
3. Wolfenstein 3D
5. Panza Kick Boxing
6. Ironman Super Offroad
9. Kings of the Beach
10. Golden Axe
But i still remember cool Blockout, Dyna Blaster, Alone in the Dark, Prehistorik, Prince of Persia, Metal Mutant and many others...
Here's some (nostalgic) links:
1. Home of the Underdogs
2. Best Old Games
3. open games sorted by rating
@ The Linux Game Tome
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
- Test Team
- Posts: 2954
- Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:42 am
I`m sure that everyone out there have their own list.
Call of duty
Baldur`s gate series
Monkey Island 1/2
And i have no courage for trying to put numbers on them. How many games did i forgot? How many should at least be mentioned? 30? I could POSSIBLY get a 50 names of some really important and mention-worthy stuff. Please close this thread before it`ll explode into listning frenzy...
- Posts: 508
- Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:46 pm
My favourite List
Doom (the original, although 3 is nice, too)
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:34 pm
- Location: north italy
no carmageddon 2 on the list??
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:09 am
(Due to Playability)
1. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn (The Original)
2. C&C: Red Alert 1 (The Original)
3. Dune 2000
4. C&C: Red Alert 2
- Posts: 605
- Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:09 pm
Asteroid (probably the first game I have played in my life)
Monkey Island 1
DSA / Das Schwarze Auge (I don't know the english title)
The Settler II
Grand Prix 2
This is my personal ranking. I have played all these games a lot.
People who loved to play "The Settlers II": two german guys are working on an "AddOn" that includes a multiplayer part. bad thing: it is a german-only website. But I will talk to the developers, if they can translate the website in english. http://siedler15.ra-doersch.de/
or join the channel #siedler2.5 on irc.freenode.net
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:01 pm
- Location: USA, AL
is my list:
Prince of Persia
Last edited by Caleb Current
on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:06 am, edited 11 times in total.
You can no more win a war. You can win an earthquake.
- Posts: 1547
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:54 pm
Of course everyone has their own list.
1. Empire (vax) - this will appear on no-one else's list
2. SSI Colonial Conquest - this will appear on no-one's list
3. Rome Total War
4. Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds - this will appear on no-one's list but the music!
5. Dune & Dune 2000
6. World of Tanks
7. Quake 1
Skillset: VMS sysadmin 20 years, fault Tolerance, cluster, Vax, Alpha, ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB6, NET, PHP, JS, CMS, Graphics, Project Manager, DOS, Windows admin from 1985. Quad Electronics. Classic cars & motorbikes. Artist watercolours. Historian.
- Posts: 306
- Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:19 am
1. Quake (darkplaces or vkquake).
2. Doom 1/2 (GZDoom with HQ textures and models).
3. Serious Sam Fusion (all of them, except VR).
4. Mass Effect 1-3.
5. DOOM 2016.
6. The Witcher 1-3.
7. Max Payne 1-3 (3 being my favorite).
8. Alan Wake 1 and American Nightmare.
9. Quantum Break.
10. Starcraft 1 and 2.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:51 pm
Well, talking about "important"...
How do you define this?
By changing the game industry?
By giving you feels?
- Posts: 1024
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
- Location: California, USA
forart wrote:(I) think that ROS can include open source alternatives of (these) games instead of the "poor solitaires".
Did you make a wish or did you just volunteer to write "open source... games" for ReactOS?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests