Name chosen is ReactX, now looking for logo designs

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

CodeMercenary

Post by CodeMercenary »

I hate to say this--but aren't we getting a little myopic, here? Logos and things are typically invented last, or towards the end, after all of the development is finished and you're good to go.

Everyone's focused on this topic, and nobody is reading what I just posted in the other thread. I'm a software developer, and I've worked specifically with forging DirectX requests to EXISTING display drivers. If you want ReactOS to support DirectX drivers from the Windows XP OS, I can help you do this.

If, however, this category already has enough developers, then let me know and I'll move elsewhere.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Could you please contact Magnus Olsen (GreatLord)?
mvent2

Post by mvent2 »

CodeMercenary wrote:I hate to say this--but aren't we getting a little myopic, here? Logos and things are typically invented last, or towards the end, after all of the development is finished and you're good to go.

Everyone's focused on this topic, and nobody is reading what I just posted in the other thread. I'm a software developer, and I've worked specifically with forging DirectX requests to EXISTING display drivers. If you want ReactOS to support DirectX drivers from the Windows XP OS, I can help you do this.

If, however, this category already has enough developers, then let me know and I'll move elsewhere.
CodeMercenary, we'd love your help. The thing is that developers rarely come to the forum. Please join us on our IRC channel, the developers all lurk there :)

EDIT: ^^^ As the previous poster mentioned, GreatLord is in charge of the GDI and DirectX, so he should be the one to contact.

irc.freenode.net -> #reactos
forart

Post by forart »

dj50 wrote:Ok, finally I've finished the icons and the vector version. I had a little spare time and I also made a wallpaper.

http://www.dj50.ro/dl/reactx/
Just 2 critics (constructive, i hope):

1. The "internal X" grey sphere remembers too mutch the XboX 360 logo (to me):

[ external image ]

2. Why X have 2 different "orbits" ?

BTW great work !
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
CMan

Post by CMan »

dj50 wrote:Ok, finally I've finished the icons and the vector version. I had a little spare time and I also made a wallpaper.

http://www.dj50.ro/dl/reactx/
I agree with others, the sphere needs some changes. But wallpaper is awesome :!:
dj50

Post by dj50 »

forart wrote:
Just 2 critics (constructive, i hope):

1. The "internal X" grey sphere remembers too mutch the XboX 360 logo (to me):
I agree it kind of looks similar, and the color helps a lot to this. I'll give it some more thought, maybe change the color to blue.

2. Why X have 2 different "orbits" ?

BTW great work !
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you referring to the fact the two parts of the X are not symmetrical? This is due to the perspective.
Pete79

Post by Pete79 »

OpenG2A = open graphic game acceleration

ReactG2A = reactionarily graphic game acceleration

OpenGE = open game environment

ReactGE = react game environment

RG2E = reactos graphic game environment

all to bad :( :D
SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

i think he meant why the diameter of the 2 parts of the x is diferent
dj50

Post by dj50 »

SpoonmAn wrote:i think he meant why the diameter of the 2 parts of the x is diferent
It's not. It's basically a sphere with two hollow perpendicular cylinders, seen from a slight angle. All rendered in 3D. So it's due to the perspective as I said.

Anyway, i'll try to change the idea a little.
SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

do the cylinders have same diameter? i personaly like the perspective...
dj50

Post by dj50 »

SpoonmAn wrote:do the cylinders have same diameter? i personaly like the perspective...
almost, one is 0.5 and one is 0.515 - so they don't overlap. But if you look at the scene from the front, you don't see the difference
forart

Post by forart »

Dunno if are good ideas (you can try):

1. totally remove the grey sphere;
2. OVERLAP the cylinders;
3. Incise (dig) a X in the middle (i hope to be clear - from the wallpaper: move the "R۰E۰A۰C۰T۰X" on the right since the last letter will be on the middle of the cylinders' crossing, make its contour transparent);

Just some ideas ! :roll:

EDIT: uh, ho.... check this logo out (taken from vX30.com):

[ external image ]

Hope can inspire designers !

EDIT2: and XFX logo could inspire too ! :wink:
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
Sosekoppen

Post by Sosekoppen »

I don't like the colors... Would be much better with the grey-blue we have in the ROS-logo
Last edited by Sosekoppen on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOX86

Post by NOX86 »

Green + Red => muslim's colors. Allah akbar :?: :twisted: