Name chosen is ReactX, now looking for logo designs

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

forart

Post by forart »

I like both ReactX and ReaX: i think they should be the finalists...

[ external image ]

I really like this as a basic idea. :shock:

I don't think the "atom" ROS logo should be involved, this time.

As already said, i would like to see the "X" substituted by "radiation/biohardard warning" logos... (google them to watch some inspirating cool digital pictures)
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

I see allot good logos and names.

so continune provide with good ideas.

we will pic a name and logo from here.
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

ReactX and this basic one logo fits perflectly for me
creambase

Post by creambase »

Hi to all users :) I am a new user and i came to help for logo. :). My friend gave me this link :)
[ external image ] I hope to like it :)

I going to keep work it and can make redesign this logo :).
Best wishes Angel.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

[ external image ]
This one is the best logo posted. It's nice because it represent indirectly the atom orbits, but without the atom itself.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

I like the forart Logo.

The atom is still there but black. Program Icon remove the white text make around atom transparent. Would be nice. And would not be mixed up with a Reactos Icon. Yet remind us of the Reactos Icon.

Please remember Icon will be required as well as logo. I think ReactX has won. I had to throw a spanner in and get some thinking to see if there was anything better.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Did anyone check to see if DirectX isn't trademarked in such a way that ReactX wouldn't be a violation?
Go Huskers!
betaluva

Post by betaluva »

@geertvdijk,i like it but the X should be thicker and i think switchboys pic should be used as a wallpaper.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

In one way Direct X is a breach itself on top of a older Trademark. X11 is also Called X. React X is no more of a violation than what Direct X is. How can I say not a leg to stand on if Microsoft trys pushing that one.

Direct X is a complete trademark section. The X by self cannot be trademarked due to prior trademark of X11. Our X has to be different to Xerox X and Direct X X so far no logo put up is even close. The X11 logo is the old Xerox X logo with a line threw it crossing it out due to not being Xerox any more.

When you get into a overlapped section its a free for all inside reason.
forart

Post by forart »

oiaohm wrote:I like the forart Logo.
NO it's not mine !!! :x

It's a :arrow: dj50 work :!:

About the "X": the unique problem could be that the name shouldn't be too similar to DirectX (do you remember the "Lindows" naming problem ?)
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
ROSFan

Post by ROSFan »

As we know Microsoft usually sues everyone who is accusable to keep the market leadership. We are more dangerous for Billy's Gates and Backdoors than X11 I think. On the other side this are good arguments when Microsoft would decide to sue reactos. Twice, React X sounds very good.

Hm...
..ct X
..ct X
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Opps I formally say sorry for that I did not knows it was not forarts. Forarts was the oldest back I saw back. My most hart felt sorry dj50.

Lindows was a different issue. ?indows the section used could not mean anything else. Changing 1 letter is kinda not enough. X ending was argument when direct X was released. React X is not really that close and is related to a preexisting name Reactos so is defendable. React could be argued as Reactos common branding. Reactos X would be safer since we already have Reactos Explorer. But if we want to use Reactos X for X11 or something like that it would be covered.

In fact the complete words Direct X over lap with a X11 name. Predating Direct X from Microsoft by 15 years. If we wanted a dog fight we could use Direct X since its a over lapping trademark. Direct X in X11 does mean direct hardware access as well. Later name was Direct Mode to avoid confusion. Using someone else trademark makes your trademark unable to be defended. Even if other one using it first stops using it. Yes Microsoft has done it worse than Lindows.

I also guess Xinput is another attempt by Microsoft to force X11 to rename something.
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

dj50 wrote:How about this logo?

http://www.dj50.ro/reactx.png
+1
dj50

Post by dj50 »

I can make the icon and the vector version today/tommorow if you are interested.
Last edited by dj50 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speedator

Post by Speedator »

dj50 wrote:I'll make an icon and the vector version today/tommorow if you are interested.
I am :)