New ReactOS Build Enviroment!!

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

samwise52

New ReactOS Build Enviroment!!

Post by samwise52 »

Thanks to the hard work of our developers, specially dralnix, Ros BE 0.3.3 for Windows is now available. Comes with an easy to use installer and is now recomended for everyone that likes to compile ReactOS on their own.

The new Build Enviroment comes with GCC 3.4.5, the official compiler, and GCC 4.1.2, an experimental compiler which in the future it might replace the 3.x.x series, currently even tho reactos builds completly in this enviroment(yes, even explorer) it is unsupported.

The new BE has user friendly scripts that make life easier.

Here is the wiki entry about the new BE: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/H ... or_Windows

Please update to this BE, older BEs might be unsupported.
Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free.. in need of your help ReactOS 0.4
samwise52

Post by samwise52 »

jezzz... no comments? did you install the new BE, do you like it? This is an important news!!
Can you picture what could be? So limitless and free.. in need of your help ReactOS 0.4
Radhad

Post by Radhad »

I think a lot of people (including me) don't compile ReactOS themself. I even have never tried to do it, yet. But when I have some psare time, I will try it :)
preston
Developer

Post by preston »

samwise52 wrote:jezzz... no comments? did you install the new BE, do you like it? This is an important news!!
did you install the new BE?
yes

do you like it?
yes - more comfortable than the last one. but is it possible to change the awfull green text color?

and btw compiling reacos on my own is the only brigth moment in my every day's boring duties 8)
RomanH

Post by RomanH »

I installed it and I'm compiling the sources right now. This really is quite handy.

Idea for an additional feature: It would be cool to know how long it took to compile.

BTW: I think the green looks cool.
RomanH
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

RomanH wrote:I installed it and I'm compiling the sources right now. This really is quite handy.

Idea for an additional feature: It would be cool to know how long it took to compile.

BTW: I think the green looks cool.
Well, I will soon add a new step-by-step installation information which will help all new builders to get a boot start.

To make a clean bootcd (make clean and make bootcd takes between 40 and 60 mins on my computer)
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

I always get this before each make and the logs are created in my base directionary.
C:\Programme\RosBE\tee.exe: 4%DATERAW:~3,: Invalid argument
C:\Programme\RosBE\tee.exe: 2%DATERAW:~0,: Invalid argument
Also this does not work.
make clean & make
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

preston wrote:yes - more comfortable than the last one. but is it possible to change the awfull green text color?
Change or remove this line at the beginning of rosbe.cmd.
@color 0A
samwise52 wrote:jezzz... no comments?
vdk integration for make install would be nice.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?