Windows 3.x interface

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Coviti

Post by Coviti »

Dude, just about anything is better than XP's Luna theme. It's far too simplified and immature.

Just a note: It's considered "improper" to revive dead posts. Oh well, what the heck?!
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

Coviti wrote:Dude, just about anything is better than XP's Luna theme. It's far too simplified and immature.

Just a note: It's considered "improper" to revive dead posts. Oh well, what the heck?!
Simple is what makes it a success. If you want to do more, you add more.
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

True, but what I mean is that Luna is too cheesy. I always revert to "Windows Classic" style.
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

so
this
[ external image ]
is missing a button for Themes setting button something like the seting the classic plus had
[ external image ]
[/img]
StringCheesian

Post by StringCheesian »

WINE already has theming support. Some things (like the menus in WINE's regedit) get really slow when you enable a theme, but it mostly works. ROS just needs a UI to expose that functionality, right?

I think the real lesson here is that everybody has diferent tastes, and they're not going to satisfy most people with a one-size-fits-all "looks almost kinda like NT/2000" treatment.
Disease

Post by Disease »

I just believe like more people do that there should be a basic style, and the style just needs to be selected by the user.

Possibly even at the end of the installation of ReactOS.
Floyd

Post by Floyd »

MadWolf wrote:
so
this
http://ca.geocities.com/viat0r/Display-Properties2.png

is missing a button for Themes setting button something like the seting the classic plus had

http://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gu ... /win98.png
The classic plus theme interface was horrible, but a "Save As..." (for a .theme) would be nice after the OK button in the first photo.
pax mei amici amorque et Iesus sacret omnia
Flappz

Post by Flappz »

I LOVED WIN3x
I used Program.exe in 95 but its just not the same, I like the icons at the bottom not the lowered windows
PUOjACKz

Post by PUOjACKz »

IMHO, is not a bad idea to:

1) Put all the hotkey combination including WinKey (es. WinKey+E, and so on), to the F1-F12 Row buttons.

2) In the future version of ROS (maybe from the 1.0.0 stable and next), start to improve the interface in order to let the user have more options to modify the interface (es. like WindowBlinds)

3) Inserting, a new tab in the .exe, .lnk, .pif asking if the system buttons (es. WinKey, Left Shift etc.), should be "deactivated" during the execution of the application.
Maybe someone has experienced when you are playing, in a sudden, the game disappear because you have hit the WinKey button.