Floppy Setup Problems

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Stead

Floppy Setup Problems

Post by Stead »

Hi, i've noticed a problem with the 0.3 releases regarding the install the boot loader to floppy during setup

i've tried reactos in the microsoft virtual pc trial, but i wan't to try it on real hardware, i made a 520mb partition (logical) as i noticed it didn't like 2 primary partitions, it installs, then as its not a primary, or because the main is ntfs (i assume) it asks to put in a floppy disk to put the bootloader on, however it just tells me there is no disk in the drive, i have tried downloading the freeloader floppy but it fails to boot up the partition.

i very much want to try this on real hardware, i downloaded the P4 optimized build in case theres something wrong with them.

the partition starts 46gig into the drive as i didn't want to loose everything, would this prevent it from booting?, its the second partition :) i tried downoaded a freeloader floppy and changing the ini file to boot from the second partition but that didn't work :(
HUMA2000

Post by HUMA2000 »

Is a bug on the floppy.sys driver, it doesn't work, at least for me on all the test i've done.
Stead

Post by Stead »

thanks for the reply :) hrmm i had a feeling it might be something like that :(