Post by yaiR yeru »

Jaix wrote:Now that's really cool!

ummm.. any more suggestions?

What can i do to make it happen?
yaiR yeru

Post by yaiR yeru »

Changed something in the start bar:
[ external image ]
Last edited by yaiR yeru on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atarixle

Post by atarixle »

I don't like the icons with that fat border, but I love the deep-blue background with the logo, and the taskbar.
Viator

Post by Viator »

The original theme was nicer imho what you made behind the reactos text was NOT a logo it was a design element. The logo need not be in every wallpaper and theme. The reactos logo while being cool is a pita to work with even with the vectors. Keep at it :)
Pete

Post by Pete »

I like it =D i really do. But stick with the default Tango icons.
Could youa lso possibly make a new screenshot with the tango icons on it?
Nice work however =D
yaiR yeru

Post by yaiR yeru »

Pete wrote:I like it =D i really do. But stick with the default Tango icons.
Could youa lso possibly make a new screenshot with the tango icons on it?
Nice work however =D
umm.. look at my last post i used the logo and what is Tango icons?
Pete

Post by Pete »

yaiR yeru wrote:umm.. look at my last post i used the logo and what is Tango icons?
Read above by yourself dude, i never said anything about the logo.
You maybe also should read more on the forums before start making a design. The Tango icon theme is from what ive read here the default ReactOS icon set. And you can find them at http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

I think it's very cool. Let's start making ReactOS themable!
Brynet

Post by Brynet »

Ugh~!.. ReactOS is not even done and things like this are "dreams" at least wait untill its out of alpha stages. geeze. And that theme has a linux like feel. ReactOS is aiming to be a ground up implimentation of Windows NT(2k/xp), when will people understand its not using linux or anything like that. :roll:
Last edited by Brynet on Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
crhylove

Post by crhylove »

ummm... Looks A LOT more like windows than linux to me.....

Also, as reactos is a big project, getting anything done is a good idea, and contributing it is essential. I really don't see the point of "waiting" to contribute to any aspect of the project. Myself, I like the theme, but I don't really like either of the logos being on the wall paper. We just need a good clean nature scene pic or something. Any of the ones already included in Ubuntu, or Windows, or countless others are a great example. I don't see any reason why we can't just steal any of the great ones from various linux distros, as long as we meet their licencing restrictions, whatever they may be.

We should have several included by default:
A really good beach/island shot
A really good grassy hills shot
A really good fall trees shot
A really good coral reef shot
A really good up close floral shot (The ubuntu ones are a good example)
A really good space style shot

I like the task bar and icons though. Good first step. The wall paper shouldn't have words on it though, it's just going to add to "clutter" once the desktop starts getting filled with lots of shortcuts.

rhY
Squall

Post by Squall »

I really like yours themes, yuor wallpapers are really good, and i love your toolbar :)
I thinks maybe a little things is lessing, but i don't know what is

Friendly, Squall
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Maybe you could release this theme in some version that works on Windows in the meantime, before ReactOS properly supports themes?
Would love to try it on Windows.

And I also agree with crhylove, this actually has a windows look more than a linux look.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Brynet wrote:Ugh~!.. ReactOS is not even done and things like this are "dreams" at least wait untill its out of alpha stages. geeze. And that theme has a linux like feel. ReactOS is aiming to be a ground up implimentation of Windows NT(2k/xp), when will people understand its not using linux or anything like that. :roll:
And what made you beleve that Linux looks like this? Do you mean KDE or Gnome? well i will tell you one thing KDE & Gnome tries to make a little bit customized feeling of the Windows desktop, which means the part you have seen of Linux is the Windows (almost alike) Desktop envoirments.

Linux is just a system kernel, GNU/Linux is the operating system but that dosent even involve a Desktop Envoirment, which means you are sitting in text envoirment (similiar to Dos) Which means your theory that this looks like Linux, just makes me laugh ^^
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

Pete wrote:Linux is just a system kernel, GNU/Linux is the operating system but that dosent even involve a Desktop Envoirment, which means you are sitting in text envoirment (similiar to Dos) Which means your theory that this looks like Linux, just makes me laugh ^^
In case you haven't noticed, a lot of people (like everyone I know) use the name Linux when they refer to a Linux dist with desktop enviroment etc.
While it's not be technically correct, it's something most people do, and it's easy to understand that...