Compiling tools

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

jmccay

Compiling tools

Post by jmccay »

Is there a way to just compile the tools, or more specifically, the widl?

I tried a full compile of 0.2.9 with mingw (make v 3.80 & gcc v 3.4.5), and I got this error message:

c:/development/compilers/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/
c++/3.4.5/bits/stl_uninitialized.h: In member function `void std::vector<_Tp, _A
lloc>::reserve(size_t) [with _Tp = KeyMap, _Alloc = std::allocator<KeyMap>]':
c:/development/compilers/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/
c++/3.4.5/bits/stl_uninitialized.h:82: warning: '__cur' might be used uninitiali
zed in this function
mingw32-make: *** [obj-i386\apps\utils\net\telnet\src\keytrans.o] Error 1

Also, where can I get lexx & yac for mingw because looking at some of the make files, it seems like they are needed.

Thank you.
jmccay
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Known fault. Version 0.3.0 going to be out soon Hoping this fault is gone for good. Disable the telnet directory and everything will build bar the telnet. Patching 0.2.9 kinda off limits its on the wrong side of the audit process.

I had mentioned the work around to this one before. Its a complier thing in most cases. Not build with right options to work correcty.

Tools for different things are from the mingw project site and gnuwin32. You will find all sorts of handy stuff there.
jmccay

Post by jmccay »

What about just compiling the WIDL? IS that possible? Also, is the a GUID (UUID) generator in the directories somewhere?

I renamed the telenet directory to BAD_telnet. Now I am getting this error:

obj-i386\tools\rbuild\backend\mingw\modulehandler.o: file not recognized: File f
ormat not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make: *** [output-i386\tools\rbuild\rbuild.exe] Error 1obj-i386\tools\rbuild\backend\mingw\modulehandler.o: file not recognized: File f
ormat not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
mingw32-make: *** [output-i386\tools\rbuild\rbuild.exe] Error 1

I think it is trying to link before compiling it says [LD] and not [CC]. Does this make sense?
Thank you.
jmccay
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

One word EEP.

WIDL don't know the answer to that one. Same with the GUID.

ERROR>> file not recognized: File format not recognized
The linker that joins the object files into a exe cannot make sence of the object file its seeing normally meaning build by a different complier or damaged file. Delete that .o and try again.

Miss timed crash can cause this as well as one to many copy is of Binutils getting mixed together.
jmccay

Post by jmccay »

EEP? What is EEP?

I have never heard of it.
jmccay
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Ok I used kinda a not cross world word by the looks of it.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=eep
Cat 3 with a lean of horror.

The odds of ending up with a miss matched or damaged object file going into the linker. Not the normall event in any way.