Rox
76%
Sux
24%

Total votes: 38

This Is My Name

My Logo Design

Post by This Is My Name »

I'm not suggesting this as a serious replacement, but I wanted to give making a logo a go, so here it is:

[ external image ]

I made it as a halfway between the windows xp 'window', and the current ReactOS atom thingo. It kinda ended up looking like a juggling ball.

This passes the usual logo tests: recoganisable on small scale, recognisable without color, and all that.

Basically what I'm looking for is feedback, which everyone here seems quite good at providing.
Quest-88

Post by Quest-88 »

maybe reactos's logo should be images show door :P
kokodin

Post by kokodin »

i must say that logo loks nice but it looks more like changed windows not like reactos

if you can make better atom logo make it but don't copy windows colors
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

The same? Maybe same colors, but different order.
Go Huskers!
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

No, the colours and orders are correct in my view, as they are the makeup of light. I like it, it was cleaver for something fun :)

Idea, maybe if you place a double line through each of the white lines, it may have a more atom look to it?
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

Current Reactos Logo I like. But this logo when Reactos is silent running. Close enought not to get major attention.

Nice for admins because we can tell the different of what is Reactos and What is Windows.

You don't always want users noticing and asking questions.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I like the current Logo. The startup Screen should be changed for 0.3, but I like it anyway.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Nice, but...

Post by Jaix »

Well, I think it's nice, it's really a fun idea, but I think it needs to be more different then Windows and it also need to keep the electrons to keep our heritage.

I would suggest dim the colours a bit and add the electrons again. Then also perhaps emphasize the electron trails in some way, not just a empty space in the windows flag.
Switchboy

Post by Switchboy »

Maybe you can colour the white lines in the sphere like it is 3D ande the colours are higher than the lines. And then add the electrons.
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

its nice, tho indeed it is too much like the windows one...
-graey-
.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

This logo + electrons could be a nice logo for reactos, current logo is quite outdated i think.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

.aart3k wrote:This logo + electrons could be a nice logo for reactos, current logo is quite outdated i think.
I have to agree here, the current one was never all that pretty except to the legacy ROS designers. Now that mf is no longer in charge of prettying up the GUI, it would be nice to get rid of the horrid silver atomic symbol. This one is much nicer.
Go Huskers!
Phalanx

Post by Phalanx »

MadRat wrote:
.aart3k wrote:This logo + electrons could be a nice logo for reactos, current logo is quite outdated i think.
I have to agree here, the current one was never all that pretty except to the legacy ROS designers. Now that mf is no longer in charge of prettying up the GUI, it would be nice to get rid of the horrid silver atomic symbol. This one is much nicer.
It was funny how he complained about the icon on the start menu. It is the one used on the website (look at the favorites icon)! mf did some good work on the explorer at the start, but it was not nice to look at.
This Is My Name

Changes

Post by This Is My Name »

Wow, what a response so far. It seems to me most people feel the electrons are an essential part of the design. I had taken this into consideration originally, but felt it both made the logo harder to recognise on a smaller scale, and was more suited to a browser's icon.
Nonetheless, I have made some changes to the icon, in particular added the electrons and here's the result:
[ external image ]

Once again any feedback on this design would be very much appreciated, so far the responses have been great.
tsg1zzn

Post by tsg1zzn »

It looks great but is too similar to the XP logo.