I think...

it looks great!
85%
it looks like crap.
15%

Total votes: 47

Coviti

Post by Coviti »

Dr. Fred wrote:The problems is that reactos does not have support for Theming yet
I am quite aware of this, as I have posted in the past.
Dr. Fred wrote:I will try to implement it if no one else did before as soon as my work on the cache manager is finished.
Cool! That'll really make ReactOS unique!
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

well all, I've been away for a day, and I'm now again busy to adjust it to make it look more like one theme... I just wondered... Is there any possibility on rendering the background form color as a gradient too? If so, that would also be cool, as I use that now and it makes it look more like one piece...
-graey-
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

geertvdijk wrote:well all, I've been away for a day, and I'm now again busy to adjust it to make it look more like one theme... I just wondered... Is there any possibility on rendering the background form color as a gradient too? If so, that would also be cool, as I use that now and it makes it look more like one piece...
I am not not sure but I don't think it is.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
Kutter9

Post by Kutter9 »

That would be a nice theme when ReactOS supports themes.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Just make it so the Reactos GUI can use the current set of Firefox themes, that will go a long ways for most. :)
Go Huskers!
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

Looks good, sort of a cross between the windows XP look and the win98 style. I think maby it should be the default and (when suported) have the basic flat buttons or a winXP theme style as extra styles, 3 types.
Blazkowicz

Post by Blazkowicz »

I'd gladly have this under windows as an uxtheme.dll skin, will you make one? :)

with better buttons and some subtle "steel" all over (a bit more grey?), that would be the "windows classic but better" theme I'm longing for.

(I'm currently using classic with win 98 color scheme by the way)
Viator

classic?

Post by Viator »

................How about this one? Its a little sloppy but you get the picture...........

................[ external image ]
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
this is not bad
[ external image ]
it needs one more button a Themes setting button something like the seting the classic plus had
[ external image ]
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

Nice! Much better blending, and an interesting font choice. It's not typical, but that's what we want, isn't it!
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

quite nice indeed. However, with the current ROS, it might be possible to render gradients within button... However, it will (very likely) not be possible to add another gradient over it... I think...
-graey-
Pete

Re: classic?

Post by Pete »

[ external image ]

This looks truly amazing, ReactOS should use something like this as default style, That would make ReactOS more uniqe and it also shows all of us that even the classical look can beat the Luna theme ;)
Nice work man, ill love the style.

I think the alphablending on the buttons/tabs etc is pretty nice.
Just keep the text not alphablended it gets a bit hard to see the text.
Anyhow nice job =D
Cristan

Post by Cristan »

Very nice! It looks great with the tango icons! You have my vote!

@Pete: the not optimally visible text is because this is a photoshop, not an actually rendered screenshot. If it will be implemented, the text would be as readable as it should be.

Is there any developer here who can make estimate how long it would take to implement this?
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Very nice! +1

8)
Blazkowicz

Post by Blazkowicz »

I'm not sure you can have the two shades of grey?
shouldn't you get this (which I prefer anyway ^) :

[ external image ]

(took me a few seconds to change. I'm not a graphics design guy at all so I can't contribute much)