Harddisk not found! Help

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Setan19

Harddisk not found! Help

Post by Setan19 »

I have successfully used the ram boot method, however upong trying to install reactos it gives me the following error: "Setup could not find a harddisk"

This is an attempt on real hardware,
motherboard: MSI z370 gaming
CPU: i7 8th gen
Graphics card: gtx 970

It can't detect neither my ssd nor my hdd, nothing.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Harddisk not found! Help

Post by dizt3mp3r »

You need to read the FAQ in order to catch up on the current state of ReactOS - everything you describe is perfectly normal for the machine you are using and the state of ReactOS.

Basically, the word is - Don't install until you've read the instructions... like most men you've probably jumped straight in without doing so, me included.

You are new to ReactOS ? Read this in full before asking any questions - it may assist you now and it may help to answer some of your future questions - https://reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_FAQ#User_FAQ
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
binarymaster

Re: Harddisk not found! Help

Post by binarymaster »

Setan19 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:03 am It can't detect neither my ssd nor my hdd, nothing.
If you have SATA or NVMe disk controller, this might be the reason.